Just the Facts
Facts and graphs that help clarify an issue
Infographic: Michael Pollan Says Home Cooking Might be the Single Best Way to Improve Your Health
by Doug Pibelposted Dec 05, 2013
- We spend less time in the kitchen than ever. But cooking could be an important solution to our public health crisis.
Infographic: Your Stuff’s Not As Cheap As You Think It Is
by Doug Pibel, Katrina Rabelerposted Aug 01, 2013
- What do we really trade for all of the cheap stuff we buy?
Just the Facts: What's So Good About Co-ops?
posted Feb 20, 2013
- Why support the co-ops in your community? The benefits might be further-reaching than you think.
To Save Our Ecosystems, Stop Overloading Them
by Doug Pibel, Madeline Ostranderposted Nov 19, 2012
- Left alone, natural systems keep nitrogen, carbon, and other key ingredients of life balanced.
Make the Connections: Poverty, Obesity, and Diabetes
by Doug Pibelposted Sep 04, 2012
- How to fight diabetes with better policy—and cut your own diabetes risk by 93 percent.
We’ve Got Some Big Houses—That We Could Share
by Doug Pibelposted May 24, 2012
- Just 60 years ago, the average American had 291 square feet of living space. Now it’s close to 1,000 square feet. Have we changed our needs that much? Or just our wants?
By the Numbers: The Myth of the Overtaxed Corporation
by Doug Pibelposted Feb 22, 2012
- For corporations, paying for tax breaks is still the best investment around.
Just the Facts: It's a Locking-People-Up Problem
by Robert Mellinger, Doug Pibelposted May 12, 2011
- The American problem with mass incarceration is less about crime than it is about how—and who—we lock up.
Just the Facts: Should We Eat Animals?
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Feb 01, 2011
- We can feed the world and still eat meat—but only a little bit.
Just the Facts :: Who Is Family Now?
by Alyssa B. Johnsonposted Nov 15, 2010
- Mixed-race couples, single parents–they're all part of the new "normal."
Just the Facts :: Why Build Resilience?
by Kelly Sheaposted Aug 13, 2010
- Why build resilience now? Because here's what we can't rely on ...
Just the Facts :: Water Edition
posted May 13, 2010
- 16 astonishing, sobering, and hopeful water facts.
Just the Facts :: Water Footprints
by Berit Andersonposted May 13, 2010
- How much water do we use? More than any other country, it turns out. And we could save a lot.
Just the Facts: Race-Based Economics
by Doug Pibelposted Mar 04, 2010
- We've made meaningful progress toward embracing our cultural diversity in the United States. But we've got a long way to go before we clean up the economic fallout from years of institutional racism.
Just the Facts :: Why we can’t go back to the old economy
by Kim Eckart, Doug Pibel, Laura Kaliebeposted May 07, 2009
- We’re manufacturing money, not goods.