Less than 1 Percent of Sweden’s Garbage Ends Up at the Dump
by Miles SchneidermanMay 20, 2015
- How the country heats its homes, and another 23 facts about our world today.
The Surface Areas of Russia and Pluto Are Extremely Similar
by Christine St. Pierre, Kali SwensonMay 21, 2014
- And 25 other facts you should probably know.
Recycling One Aluminum Can Will Power a Laptop for More Than Five Hours
by Miles Becker, Christine St. PierreMar 24, 2014
- And other facts you should probably know.
There Are Still More Libraries Than McDonald’s Locations in the United States
by Erika Lundahl, Rachael StoeveNov 19, 2013
- (and 24 other facts you should probably know).
6.5 Percent of All Humans Ever Born Are Still Alive Today
by Katrina Rabeler, Chris FrancisAug 21, 2013
- (And 22 other facts you should probably know.)
The Page That Counts: Summer 2013
Apr 22, 2013
- Years it took for the human population to grow from 1 billion to 2 billion: 123. Years it took to grow from 6 billion to 7 billion: 12
The Page That Counts: Spring 2013
Feb 01, 2013
- Miles flown by a bar-tailed godwit in the longest nonstop bird migration ever recorded: 7,200. Miles flown in the world’s longest nonstop, non-refueled helicopter flight: 2,213.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2013
Nov 01, 2012
- Current national minimum wage for tipped workers: $2.13. Last time the national tipped minimum wage was raised: 1991.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2012
Aug 01, 2012
- Number of companies controlling 90 percent of the media in 1983: 50. In 2011? 6.
The Page That Counts: Summer 2012
May 01, 2012
- Percentage of world's fisheries that are fully exploited, overexploited, or collapsed: 85 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2012
Feb 01, 2012
- Estimated average student debt of 2011 college graduates: $27,200; Percentage of 2011 college graduates moving back into their parents’ house: 85.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2012
Nov 01, 2011
- Percentage of Muslim Americans who say military attacks on civilians are never justified: 78; Catholics: 39.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2011
Aug 01, 2011
- Percentage of McDonald’s job applicants hired as a result of the company’s National Hiring Day in April 2011: 6.2; Percentage of applicants accepted to Harvard for the class of 2015: 6.2 ...
The Page That Counts: Summer 2011
May 01, 2011
- Bank of America’s 2009 pre-tax income: $4.4 billion; amount Bank of America paid in taxes in 2009: $0 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2011
by Caitlin BattersbyFeb 01, 2011
- Amount of real money Jon Jacobs received for virtual online real estate: $635,000. Average price of a home in the U.S.: $170,600.
The Page That Counts
Facts that tell a story