The Page That Counts: Spring 2012
Feb 01, 2012
- Estimated average student debt of 2011 college graduates: $27,200; Percentage of 2011 college graduates moving back into their parents’ house: 85.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2012
Nov 01, 2011
- Percentage of Muslim Americans who say military attacks on civilians are never justified: 78; Catholics: 39.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2011
Aug 01, 2011
- Percentage of McDonald’s job applicants hired as a result of the company’s National Hiring Day in April 2011: 6.2; Percentage of applicants accepted to Harvard for the class of 2015: 6.2 ...
The Page That Counts: Summer 2011
May 01, 2011
- Bank of America’s 2009 pre-tax income: $4.4 billion; amount Bank of America paid in taxes in 2009: $0 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2011
by Caitlin BattersbyFeb 01, 2011
- Amount of real money Jon Jacobs received for virtual online real estate: $635,000. Average price of a home in the U.S.: $170,600.
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2011
by Alyssa JohnsonNov 15, 2010
- Number of billionaires in the world: 1,011; Percentage of billionaires living in the U.S.: 40; Number of U.S. billionaires and near-billionaires pledging at least 50 percent of their wealth to charity: 40
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2010
by Kelly SheaAug 13, 2010
- Total jobs worldwide in the renewable energy sector in 2008: 2.3 million; Total number of Wal-Mart employees worldwide: 2.1 million ...
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2010
by Keith RutowskiMay 13, 2010
- Percentage of Americans who believe one of the country’s greatest assets is its military’s strength and superiority: 14; Percentage who believe the American people themselves are one of the greatest assets: 35
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2010
by Ashlee Green, Berit AndersonFeb 11, 2010
- Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in car-based cities: 12–15. Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in mass transit-based cities: 5–8 ... and many more surprising facts.
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2010
by Keeley HardingNov 10, 2009
- Number of Boeing 747 jets that could be built with the aluminum cans thrown away by airlines in a year: 58 ... and many more surprising facts.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2009
Aug 14, 2009
- Age of oldest human being on record: 122; Age of longest-lived mollusk on record, a quahog clam: 400+; Approximate age of Methuselah Pine, the world's oldest-known living tree: 4,600+
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2009
by Mary RichterMay 07, 2009
- Approximate number of languages spoken in the world: 6,000 :: Number of these that are indigenous languages: 5,000 :: Number of languages that go extinct every year: 26
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2009
by Kim NochiFeb 13, 2009
- Percentage of teenagers who say their social life would end or suffer without text messaging: 47 Percentage of teenagers who can text blindfolded: 42 ...
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2009
by Kristin CarlsenOct 31, 2008
- Estimated number of Community Supported Agriculture programs in the U.S. in 1990: 50 Number of CSA programs recorded in Local Harvest’s database as of September 2008: 2,098
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2008
by Layla AslaniJul 30, 2008
- Number of states whose lawmakers have moved to restrict sales of foreign-made American flags: 10 Value of U.S. flags imported in 2007: $4.7 million
The Page That Counts
Facts that tell a story