The Page That Counts
Facts that tell a story
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2010
by Kelly Sheaposted Aug 13, 2010
- Total jobs worldwide in the renewable energy sector in 2008: 2.3 million; Total number of Wal-Mart employees worldwide: 2.1 million ...
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2010
by Keith Rutowskiposted May 13, 2010
- Percentage of Americans who believe one of the country’s greatest assets is its military’s strength and superiority: 14; Percentage who believe the American people themselves are one of the greatest assets: 35
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2010
by Ashlee Green, Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in car-based cities: 12–15. Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in mass transit-based cities: 5–8 ... and many more surprising facts.
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2010
by Keeley Hardingposted Nov 10, 2009
- Number of Boeing 747 jets that could be built with the aluminum cans thrown away by airlines in a year: 58 ... and many more surprising facts.
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2009
posted Aug 14, 2009
- Age of oldest human being on record: 122; Age of longest-lived mollusk on record, a quahog clam: 400+; Approximate age of Methuselah Pine, the world's oldest-known living tree: 4,600+
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2009
by Mary Richterposted May 07, 2009
- Approximate number of languages spoken in the world: 6,000 :: Number of these that are indigenous languages: 5,000 :: Number of languages that go extinct every year: 26
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2009
by Kim Nochiposted Feb 13, 2009
- Percentage of teenagers who say their social life would end or suffer without text messaging: 47 Percentage of teenagers who can text blindfolded: 42 ...
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2009
by Kristin Carlsenposted Oct 31, 2008
- Estimated number of Community Supported Agriculture programs in the U.S. in 1990: 50 Number of CSA programs recorded in Local Harvest’s database as of September 2008: 2,098
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2008
by Layla Aslaniposted Jul 30, 2008
- Number of states whose lawmakers have moved to restrict sales of foreign-made American flags: 10 Value of U.S. flags imported in 2007: $4.7 million
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2008
by Noah Grant, Margit Christensonposted May 06, 2008
- Percentage of plastic bags that end up in the trash: 99. Percent reduction of plastic bag use in Ireland after the government began taxing bags in 2002: 95 …
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2008
by Brooke Jarvisposted Feb 03, 2008
- Amount of its roads budget that Copenhagen devotes to services and infrastructure for cyclists: 1/3. Amount of money that a community gains for every mile biked instead of driven: 50 cents ...
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2008
by Margit Christensonposted Nov 07, 2007
- Percentage of American 13- to 24-year-olds stating that time with family is the one thing that makes them the happiest: ...
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2007
by Zach Kyleposted Jul 29, 2007
- Women:: Bacteria:: Pharmaceuticals:: Seatbelt Safety:: Medicare:: Scooter Libby:: Punkin Chunkin:: Squatters:: Afghan deaths:: 9/11 Compensation
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2007
by Catherine Baileyposted May 15, 2007
- Bee loss :: Computer dependency :: Cheery dyed sheep :: Political freshman :: Relative disrespect towards women :: Birth-control, abstinence and sex education :: Worker stress and salaries :: Perceptions of global warming ...
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2007
by Sarah Kuckposted Feb 14, 2007
- Classification of documents in the U.S. :: Environmental impact of Victoria's Secret :: Air traffic's contribution to climate change :: U.S. personal savings :: Women's rights and suffrage :: Bottled and potable water costs :: Days spent by U.S. troops in World War II and Iraq :: Hugs and touches