Less than 1 Percent of Sweden’s Garbage Ends Up at the Dump
by Miles SchneidermanMay 20, 2015
- How the country heats its homes, and another 23 facts about our world today.
The Largest Chinese Bike Share Program Is 12 Times the Size of NYC’s
by Miles Schneiderman, Peter D'AuriaFeb 20, 2015
- (And 22 other numbers that will help you understand our world).
Permanent Housing for 85 Homeless People Saved Taxpayers $1.8 Million (And 18 Other Facts to Think About)
by Natasha DonovanNov 17, 2014
- Did you know an elephant can bring in more than $1.6 million during its lifetime—from ecotourism?
Americans Spend $1.8 Billion on Eating Out Every Day (And 23 Other Facts You Should Probably Know)
by Dana Drugmand, Yessenia FunesAug 18, 2014
- Meanwhile, more Americans got insured, the oceans continued to become more acidic, and the world’s largest collection of rubber ducks grew at a rapid pace.
The Surface Areas of Russia and Pluto Are Extremely Similar
by Christine St. Pierre, Kali SwensonMay 21, 2014
- And 25 other facts you should probably know.
Recycling One Aluminum Can Will Power a Laptop for More Than Five Hours
by Miles Becker, Christine St. PierreMar 24, 2014
- And other facts you should probably know.
There Are Still More Libraries Than McDonald’s Locations in the United States
by Erika Lundahl, Rachael StoeveNov 19, 2013
- (and 24 other facts you should probably know).
6.5 Percent of All Humans Ever Born Are Still Alive Today
by Katrina Rabeler, Chris FrancisAug 21, 2013
- (And 22 other facts you should probably know.)
The Page That Counts: Summer 2013
Apr 22, 2013
- Years it took for the human population to grow from 1 billion to 2 billion: 123. Years it took to grow from 6 billion to 7 billion: 12
The Page That Counts: Spring 2013
Feb 01, 2013
- Miles flown by a bar-tailed godwit in the longest nonstop bird migration ever recorded: 7,200. Miles flown in the world’s longest nonstop, non-refueled helicopter flight: 2,213.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2013
Nov 01, 2012
- Current national minimum wage for tipped workers: $2.13. Last time the national tipped minimum wage was raised: 1991.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2012
Aug 01, 2012
- Number of companies controlling 90 percent of the media in 1983: 50. In 2011? 6.
The Page That Counts: Summer 2012
May 01, 2012
- Percentage of world's fisheries that are fully exploited, overexploited, or collapsed: 85 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2012
Feb 01, 2012
- Estimated average student debt of 2011 college graduates: $27,200; Percentage of 2011 college graduates moving back into their parents’ house: 85.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2012
Nov 01, 2011
- Percentage of Muslim Americans who say military attacks on civilians are never justified: 78; Catholics: 39.
The Page That Counts
Facts that tell a story