The Page That Counts
Facts that tell a story
The Page That Counts: Summer 2013
posted Apr 22, 2013
- Years it took for the human population to grow from 1 billion to 2 billion: 123. Years it took to grow from 6 billion to 7 billion: 12
The Page That Counts: Spring 2013
posted Feb 01, 2013
- Miles flown by a bar-tailed godwit in the longest nonstop bird migration ever recorded: 7,200. Miles flown in the world’s longest nonstop, non-refueled helicopter flight: 2,213.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2013
posted Nov 01, 2012
- Current national minimum wage for tipped workers: $2.13. Last time the national tipped minimum wage was raised: 1991.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2012
posted Aug 01, 2012
- Number of companies controlling 90 percent of the media in 1983: 50. In 2011? 6.
The Page That Counts: Summer 2012
posted May 01, 2012
- Percentage of world's fisheries that are fully exploited, overexploited, or collapsed: 85 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2012
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Estimated average student debt of 2011 college graduates: $27,200; Percentage of 2011 college graduates moving back into their parents’ house: 85.
The Page That Counts: Winter 2012
posted Nov 01, 2011
- Percentage of Muslim Americans who say military attacks on civilians are never justified: 78; Catholics: 39.
The Page That Counts: Fall 2011
posted Aug 01, 2011
- Percentage of McDonald’s job applicants hired as a result of the company’s National Hiring Day in April 2011: 6.2; Percentage of applicants accepted to Harvard for the class of 2015: 6.2 ...
The Page That Counts: Summer 2011
posted May 01, 2011
- Bank of America’s 2009 pre-tax income: $4.4 billion; amount Bank of America paid in taxes in 2009: $0 ...
The Page That Counts: Spring 2011
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Feb 01, 2011
- Amount of real money Jon Jacobs received for virtual online real estate: $635,000. Average price of a home in the U.S.: $170,600.
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2011
by Alyssa Johnsonposted Nov 15, 2010
- Number of billionaires in the world: 1,011; Percentage of billionaires living in the U.S.: 40; Number of U.S. billionaires and near-billionaires pledging at least 50 percent of their wealth to charity: 40
The Page That Counts :: Fall 2010
by Kelly Sheaposted Aug 13, 2010
- Total jobs worldwide in the renewable energy sector in 2008: 2.3 million; Total number of Wal-Mart employees worldwide: 2.1 million ...
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2010
by Keith Rutowskiposted May 13, 2010
- Percentage of Americans who believe one of the country’s greatest assets is its military’s strength and superiority: 14; Percentage who believe the American people themselves are one of the greatest assets: 35
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2010
by Ashlee Green, Berit Andersonposted Feb 11, 2010
- Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in car-based cities: 12–15. Percentage of regional GDP spent on transportation in mass transit-based cities: 5–8 ... and many more surprising facts.
The Page That Counts :: Winter 2010
by Keeley Hardingposted Nov 10, 2009
- Number of Boeing 747 jets that could be built with the aluminum cans thrown away by airlines in a year: 58 ... and many more surprising facts.