Come support Friends of the Farms, a Bainbridge Island nonprofit working to preserve and enhance local farming. Donations at the entry support the event, as well as Friends of the Farm's work throughout the year. There will be activities, live music, and food to enjoy during the festival. YES! Magazine is a cosponsor of this year's festival — see you there, at the YES! booth.
- Bring your own apples and learn to make Apple Cider right in the fair orchard!
- Learn about farming: Meet our local farmers, see a demonstration gardens, talk with local master gardeners and chefs using seasonal, locally grown ingredients!
- Watch Walter Gallager in his famous sheep shearing demonstration!
- Come snuggle with the 4-H Petting Zoo
- Sample local beverages at the Beer and Wine Garden
- Take a Tractor or Horse Drawn Wagon Ride
- Ride the Land-Slide, young’uns only please.
- Enter the Biggest Zucchini Contest (enter by 3 pm)
- Enter the Pie Contest (enter by 1 pm)
- Or simply take in seven hours of sumptuous local food and music while sitting on a hay bale, enjoying a beautiful day in the country.
For more information http://trustforworkinglandscapes.org/harvest-fair-2009/