May 04, 2010 12:00 AM
May 06, 2010 12:00 AM
The 2010 Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference is the leading forum for transforming ideas into action and building a green economy that creates good jobs, reduces global warming, and preserves America’s economic and environmental security.
The 2010 Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference promises to be an extraordinary event, with three days of keynotes, plenary sessions, and workshops dedicated to transforming our ideas into action and building a revitalized, green economy that creates good jobs, reduces global warming, and preserves America’s economic and environmental security.
The goals of the 2010 Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference are to:
- Provide a forum for labor, environment and businesses to turn ideas into action and build a revitalized, green economy in the United States;
- Demonstrate the diversity of the coalition supporting the creation of good, green jobs;
- Showcase the successes of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the ideas and strategies that have already been implemented;
- Underscore the breadth of private-sector green investment and job creation;
- Identify additional federal and state policy tools to accelerate the growth of the green economy and the creation of clean energy jobs;
- Highlight strategies for rebuilding the middle class and creating opportunities for underserved and underemployed communities with clean energy investments; and
- Model partnerships between federal agencies, the private sector and local interests.