Growing Power's National/International Urban & Small Farm Conference
Help grow the good food revolution.
Sep 10, 2010 08:00 AM
Sep 12, 2010 05:00 PM
Hosted by Growing Power—a national organization headed by the sustainable urban farmer and MacArthur Fellow Will Allen—this international conference will teach the participant how to plan, develop and grow small farms in urban and rural areas. Learn how you can grow food year-round, no matter what the climate, and how you can build markets for small farms. See how you can play a part in creating a new food system that fosters better health and more
- Understand how non-profit organizations can work cooperatively with city and state governments, as well as for-profit and non-profit agricultural enterprises.
- See how to create successful farm-to-school initiatives by drawing on Growing Power experiences in Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago.
- Learn how to grow relationships with corporations that can help support locally grown food initiatives.
- Discover how to create and utilize renewable energy in local agricultural systems.
- Learn about the development of multi-story vertical farms.
- Find how social justice and food justice can be fostered through the local and regional farm system.
- Visit successful small farms in the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
- Enjoy food grown by local and regional farmers and prepared by local chefs!
- Over 2,000 participants expected with opportunities to network and mingle
One-day intensive workshops will be held September 8th and September 9th at Growing Power’s International Training Center.