Sep 12, 2010 12:00 AM
Sep 18, 2010 12:00 AM
Seminar: The seminar will include 4 days of presentations at the Mondragón education center as well as tours of Mondragon businesses, a youth cooperative, an incubator for cooperatives, and Mondragón University. On the 5th day, Praxis Peace Institute will host a day of discussion and brainstorming about how these ideas can be useful in our communities back home and how we can find support for cooperative business ventures.
Excursions: Included in the program are a dinner in the coastal city of San Sebastian, a visit to the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, a trip to the Aranzazu Monastery and Basque Peace Center in the mountains, and visits to other areas of the unique Basque region.
* The culture and values of Mondragon.
* Visits to cooperative businesses and lectures by their CEOs
* Visit an incubator for new cooperative projects and learn about the Mondragón Youth Co-op
* A presentation of Mondragon projects for developing countries.
* Learn about the financial mechanisms of Mondragon: how it works, why it thrives.
* Mondragon's Corporate Management Model and full employment strategy. While Spain's unemployment rate hovers around 20%, Mondragón's is 0%.
* How Democracy works at Mondragón
* Visit Mondragon University and the education center where the Mondragon movement began.
* Learn how to transfer the Mondragon Experience to your community.
All participants will stay at the Hotel Mondragon. Daily breakfast and lunch will be included in the hotel and seminar prices. Wireless Internet access is available in all hotel and meeting rooms.
Cost: Shared Room - $2,270 or, Single Room - $2,700 (Note: If the euro continues to fall, the prices will be lower).
A $500 deposit is required to hold a space on this trip. We plan to take about 22 people, and as of June 1, 2010, we are half full.
Information and online Registration: http://www.praxispeace.org/conference10