Gandhi-King Conference on Peacemaking
A Living Movement: Toward a World of Peace, Solidarity, and Justice
Oct 21, 2011 01:00 PM
Oct 23, 2011 08:00 PM
The Gandhi-King Conference on Peacemaking is a three-day conference bringing together modern visionaries on nonviolence and social change with community leaders, activists, academics and organizers to train, learn, plan and organize to create a culture of liberation and justice for all. The theme of the 2010 Gandhi-King Conference is "Experiments with Truth."
Participants will engage in:
• training and education in nonviolent theory and practice through tools to engage in social change.
• opportunities for networking and peer-to-peer learning with movement builders from all over the country.
• an entry point for community members to become engaged in movement work.
• involvement in working groups that will continue the work throughout the year.
• a nexus of people who are new to the movement and movement leaders to share and inspire action in a cross-cultural and inter-generational environment.
• the opportunity to learn about best practices and develop new ones based upon our shared experience.
Conference participants will end this transformational weekend in a better position to decide, strategically, where to focus their energies for maximum effect and equip them with concrete tools to use in their personal and social movement work.
For more information, visit: www.gandhikingconference.org