Sep 18, 2011 12:00 AM
Sep 24, 2011 12:00 AM
The Mondragón Project Praxis Peace Institute and the Educational Department of the Mondragón Cooperatives in Spain are offering a 5-day learning experience at the Mondragón headquarters in the Basque Country. In addition to learning the history and values of Mondragón, experience first hand the inner workings of one of the most successful consortium of cooperatives in the world.
The purpose of the seminar is to learn about worker-owned and managed cooperatives from world experts in the field. With more than 50 years of experience, the Mondragón Cooperatives now encompass 264 worker-owned businesses, employ more than 100,000 worker-owners, and have production plants on four continents. Their democratic model of management and humanitarian commitment to social responsibility, are pivotal factors in their longterm success. Mondragón describes their organizational ethic as “an environment in constant economic, social and political evolution.”
• The culture and values of Mondragón.
• Visits to cooperative businesses, including a youth cooperative and an incubator for new cooperative projects.
• A presentation of Mondragón projects for developing countries.
• Learn about the financial mechanisms of Mondragón: how it works, why it thrives.
• Mondragón’s Corporate Management Model.
• Visit Mondragón University and the education center where the Mondragón movement began.
• How to transfer the Mondragón Experience to our communities.
The seminar will include 4 days of presentations and tours of Mondragón businesses. On the 5th day, Praxis Peace Institute will host a day of discussion and brainstorming on ways in which these ideas can be used in our communities back home and how we can find support for cooperative business ventures.
For more infomation, visit: www.praxispeace.org