Happiness Conference 2012
Happiness, Compassion & Sustainability: A strategic gathering
Aug 24, 2012 12:00 PM
Aug 25, 2012 09:00 PM
Join activists and experts in a broad-ranging conversation about an old ideal, the pursuit of happiness!
In July, 2011, the United Nations urged all member nations to make “the pursuit of happiness” the goal of their governments and find ways to measure their success. This conference is an exciting opportunity to explore the potential of this new movement.
At the conference you’ll...
- Learn about the vital new worldwide movement for happiness
- Find out how you can use the Happiness Initiative to improve your community
- Learn about the connection between happiness and sustainability
- Help plan “Pursuit of Happiness Day” (April 13) for 2013
- Hear prominent authors including Eric Weiner, The Geography of Bliss; Vicki Robin, Your Money or Your Life; Cecile Andrews, Less is More; and John de Graaf, Affluenza.
- Meet leaders of happiness movement in the US, including Laura Musikanski, director of the Happiness Initiative, Tom Barefoot of GNH USA, and Dr. Ryan Howell, creator of the Happiness Initiative survey.
Workshops will explore Happiness and Health, Compassion, Environment, Mental Health, Education, Arts and Culture, Finances, Government, Time Balance, Social Connection, Government and Workplace Satisfaction.
Time and Place: August 24-25, 2012 at Seattle University
Fees: Full conference (includes reception with food and beverages): $55 general/$40 students and low-income.
Day passes (buy at the door if space available): $35/25
For more information, including conference schedule and featured speakers: http://timeday.org/happiness2012/