Oct 11, 2013 04:00 PM
Oct 13, 2013 06:00 PM
This event is bringing together permaculture designers, transition initiative organizers, sustainability enthusiasts, and communities in Northern California, the West Coast, and beyond for a weekend of intensive focus on a common goal: to build resilient communities and to design sustainable communities habitats, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, our greater bioregion, and the Earth at large.
Practitioners across a wide-spectrum of skill-sets exchange ideas through concurrent workshops and discussions including themes of Permaculture & Transition concepts, movement and capacity building, regenerative enterprise and local economy, re-skilling, communities, and much more. In addition to a plethora of workshops and amazing speakers on a diversity of topics, there will also music and live entertainment, collaborative discussions, amazing networking, children's activities, next generation youth education, educational displays, a market place with specialist vendors.
Participants will have opportunities to socialize, strategize, network, and connect with others in the permaculture and transition town movements through meals and the activities listed above.
Whether you are a seasoned Permaculturalist, Hardcore Community Organizer, or just excited to learn about a new ways of living in thriving resilience with people and the planet, there is something at this conference for you!
- Transition Town Founder Rob Hopkins (making a rare appearance from England)
- World renowned Activists and Visionaries: Julia Butterfly Hill, Richard Heinberg and John Trudell
- The best of Community Organizing: Konda Mason and Doria Robinson
- Internationally acclaimed Permaculture Designers: Penny Livingston-Stark, Brock Dolman, Pandora Thomas and Kat Steele
- Skill shares - Aquaponics, Mushrooms, Urban Homestead Design and More
- Community Organizing and New Economy Best Practices from Movement Generation, Daily Acts, Bay Localize and more
- Healing ourselves and our community with Inner Transition
- Erik Ohlsen, Kevin Bayuk, Rachel Kaplan and Christopher Shein and others share permaculture strategies
Family and Youth Friendly:
- Youth will have their own programming on Saturday with Generation Waking Up
- Childcare available for parents of young kids
For more information and registration, see: http://transitiontopermaculture.org/