Healthy Cities Conference 2010 - Making Cities Livable
A platform to discuss sustainable urban design.
This conference will be a platform for government and industry sector professionals to discuss causes, effects, and solutions that relate to the population health, sustainability, natural resource management, transport, climate change, and urban design. The conference will examine the prerequisites for a "Healthy City."
The conference will feature keynote presentations along with three concurrent streams, designed to address the below themes:
- Managing population and economic growth
- Climate Change Adaption
- Managing Communicable Disease Outbreaks - Health Security
- Population Heath Management - immunization, bio security, food safety, and epidemic control
- Waste Reuse Technologies
- City Design - designing changes to urban life to encourage physical activity and health cities
- Disaster Management - public welfare, recovery and rebuild
- Managing Legislation and Policy
- Natural Resource Management
- Green Cities and Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Community Engagement and Planning