In each of the following categories, you'll find a variety of teaching tools for immediate use in the classroom or for building your own curriculum. These resources include: lessons, curriculum, poetry, videos, projects, stories, and essays.
Discover the good life through resilience, creativity, and community.
Meaningful learning pushes boundaries with action, inquiry, and innovation.
Paths to peace, inclusion, equality, and compassion for all.
How to build a robust economy, healthy planet, and just world for all.
Use the wonder of a photo to engage in deep discussions and understanding.
About Student Writing Lessons from YES! Magazine
by Jing FongJun 01, 2015
- Use the YES! article, prompt, and sample essays in each writing lesson to bring the real world to your classroom—and to take your students’ writing to a new level.
SPENT: An Online Game to Understand Poverty
by Jing FongMay 31, 2015
- If you don’t understand the feeling of trying to survive poverty, you will after playing SPENT.
Learning That Matters
by Jing FongApr 17, 2015
- Describe a teacher or a classroom experience that helped make learning joyful and meaningful for you. Conversely, what message do you have for teachers and administrators who make learning tedious, even painful? How could they make learning more interesting and inspiring?
Letting Go of Worry
by Jing FongApr 16, 2015
- What is one worry you’d like to throw away? What would you replace your worry with, and what would you—and possibly those around you— gain by not having that worry in your life?
by Jing FongApr 15, 2015
- What are some ways—digital or otherwise—that you get strength and support to fight world suck with awesome?
by Jing FongApr 14, 2015
- Do teachers and administrators at your school discipline students with dignity? Or with disrespect?
Support for Veterans
by Jing FongApr 13, 2015
- Whether or not you agree with war, how might you welcome a war veteran home and support his return to community life?
by Jing FongApr 12, 2015
- If you simplified your life, what things would you get rid of or use less?
Genetically Modified Food
by Jing FongApr 11, 2015
- Do genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in your food concern you?
Seeing the Unseen
by Jing FongApr 10, 2015
- What would happen if you deliberately spoke to or smiled at people you might usually ignore- cashiers, the homeless, or someone of a different ethnicity?
Your Dream House
by Jing FongApr 09, 2015
- If you could design your dream house, what would it look like?
by Jing FongApr 08, 2015
- Does it matter who you eat with and how often you eat together?
The Ethics of Hunting
by Jing FongApr 07, 2015
- Hunting is a complex issue and can evoke emotional arguments. Is hunting moral? Can it be done in a respectful, humane way?
by Jing FongApr 06, 2015
- How do you resolve differences you have with family members and friends?
Your Unique Gifts
by Jing FongApr 05, 2015
- We all have gifts worthy of sharing. What's your gift?