Daniel Dancer creates "living" paintings using math, people, and nature.
The Lakota Martial Arts Teacher Helping Native Women Recover Their Strength
by Christa HillstromJun 28, 2016
- A self-defense model focused on rediscovering strength rather than putting up your guard helps Native American women heal from sexual assault.
Questions No One Knows the Answers To
Feb 17, 2014
- TED Curator Chris Anderson shares his boyhood obsession with quirky questions that seem to have no answers.
"Jazz in America" Curriculum
by Jing FongJan 28, 2014
- The Thelonious Monk Institute of Jazz has developed "Jazz in America," an Internet-based jazz curriculum for social studies, American history, and music classes to help students "develop imaginative thinking, creativity, curiosity, a positive self image, and a respect for their own and others' cultural heritage."
"How I Write" Interviews
by Jing FongOct 21, 2013
- The Daily Beast interviews writers about their daily writing routines.
Visual Learning: Message in a Bottle
by Jing FongOct 21, 2013
- This Visual Learning lesson will get your students thinking about the risks and rewards of protests, and how to use social media to get people to support your cause.
Visual Learning: Out of Character
by Jing FongApr 15, 2013
- This Visual Learning activity will get your students thinking about the intersection of handwriting and digital typeface, and the fate of cursive writing around the world.
Animal Odd Couples
Dec 21, 2012
- Are animals capable of feeling emotions? PBS Nature shares evidence that humans are not the only ones on the planet who cares, loves, and empathizes. Meet five animal odd couples.
Curriculum & Resources: TED-Ed
by Jing FongDec 19, 2012
- TED-Ed matches talented teachers and amazing animators to produce an impressive film library and platform for turning any video into a customized lesson.
Visual Learning: Lost Your Marbles?
by Susan LloydOct 15, 2012
- This Visual Learning lesson plan will get your students thinking about community, public art, and why they can or can't buy spray paint.
Curriculum & Resources: Independent Television Service (ITVS) Lesson Plans
by Jing FongOct 15, 2012
- ITVS's Community Classroom engages teachers and students through film. Their collections of lesson plans and documentaries will launch students into a deeper level of understanding about a range of global issues, particularly involving social justice.
Go Local! Learning In and Outside the Classroom
by Sarah AndersonSep 17, 2012
- Sarah Anderson writes of her unexpected journey of becoming a teacher and how place-based education has helped her empower her students and strengthen democracy in her community.
Smart Like You
Mar 14, 2012
- Comedian Dhaya Lakshminarayanan learns the value of a good education, the importance of Seinfeld, and most of all, how to be a good teacher.
Words That Inspire: 3/4-Baked
by Jing FongJan 30, 2012
- Jason McLennan suggests that we stop "chasing perfection."
Maps That Stretch the Mind
by Jing FongDec 21, 2011
- Like history, maps tell a story from the writer or creator's perspective. ODT Maps believes that there are many ways to see the world—including upside down. Explore the organization's many maps (with thoughtful explanations), videos, free downloads, quizzes, and more.
Journey Into Dyslexia
by Jing FongNov 23, 2011
- You’ve probably taught a student with dyslexia—and were perplexed on how to help. This film shows successful adults who see their dyslexia as a unique gift.