Daniel Dancer creates "living" paintings using math, people, and nature.
Rescue the Planet
by Stephanie McMillanDec 29, 2008
- A comic strip by Stephanie McMillan with additional curriculum materials on analyzing comics and cartoons.
Connect and Engage: Addressing Fear
by Jing FongOct 27, 2008
- Here are lesson plans and how-to resources forcoming to terms with false assumptions about immigrants, the current economic crisis, and walls that separate important relationships. Simply put, it’s about addressing fear with clarity and calmness.
Connect and Engage: Elections
by Jing FongSep 09, 2008
- Use this election season to hone your students' skills in media literacy, deciphering political cartoons, and evaluating candidate voting records.
Debate Watching 101
by League of Women VotersSep 09, 2008
- The League of Women Voters’ Debate Watching Tools include Debate Watching 101, How to Judge a Candidate, and a candidate scorecard. Watching a debate is more exciting as a group. So, gather your students and be part of history!
5 Ways to Make History
by Fran KortenJul 02, 2008
- Elections aren’t until November. But the heart of the process is going on right now. Here are my top 5 ideas for making a difference—and staying sane—in the coming months.
Teaching with the News
by Jing FongJun 02, 2008
- The Choices Program’s Teaching with the News initiative provides online curriculum materials and ideas to connect the content of the classroom to the headlines in the news. Its twelve lesson plans cover a range of foreign policy and international issues, from analyzing U.S. efforts to combat terrorism to exploring policy alternatives for relations with Iran.
Teaching Climate: Digital Story Telling
Apr 04, 2008
- BRIDGES to Understanding has developed teaching tools around the issue of Climate Change that focus on journaling and digital story telling for your students. As your students develop their stories you can follow the work of other schools on-line.
Lesson Plan Guidelines: Using YES! Stories in Class
by YES! for Youth Education ProgramMay 18, 2005
- YES! for Youth curriculum materials are based on articles published in the pages of ad-free YES! magazine. They are designed to help students explore positive solutions to social justice and environmental challenges.
Questions for Students: Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia
by YES! for Youth Education ProgramMar 10, 2005
- Questions for reflection and discussion from the article "Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia"
Into-Through-Beyond: a lesson-planning framework for using YES! in the classroom
by Kim Corrigan, Bob DaviesAug 08, 2004
- A brief outline of well-known planning technique that can help teachers make YES! content more meaningful, applicable and interesting to their students. Along with sharing the technique, we also provide an example of using it with a YES! article, and then offer some specific guidelines for effective curriculum planning.