Re-Occupy: A Movement Seeks a Sanctuary
by Nathan SchneiderDec 19, 2011
- On occupying Trinity Church—and the Occupy movement's relationship with established institutions.
Occupy Wall Street to World: This Is So Not Over!
by Olivia RosaneNov 18, 2011
- Two days after being evicted from Zuccotti Park, Occupy Wall Street’s flagship occupation marked its two-month anniversary with a massive celebration of resilience.
Creativity Blossoms in the Great Migration
by Lily YehNov 18, 2011
- On the industrial outskirts of Beijing, the transient children of the world’s largest migration taught artist Lily Yeh about finding healing and rootedness in creative power.
Painting the Town Prosperous
by James TrimarcoNov 16, 2011
- Urban artists revive our neighborhoods and show us how to share our gifts.
Why We’re Not Afraid
by Velcrow RipperNov 15, 2011
- Video: “Our communities need us—we are all leaders.” A message for the powers that were.
Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
by Sarah van Gelder, David Korten, Steve PiersantiNov 10, 2011
- Many question whether this movement can really make a difference. The truth is that it is already changing everything. Here’s how.
An All-Ages Music Manifesto
by Jaimee GarbacikNov 04, 2011
- Book Review: How all-ages music venues keep the arts alive, build community, and give young people experience in organizing.
Posters to Occupy Everywhere
Nov 03, 2011
- Graphic designers put their stamp on the messages of the 99%.
Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin: Doing the Impossible
by Sarah van GelderNov 02, 2011
- The two-time Pulitzer Prize winner accepted an appointment as U.S. poet laureate so he could offer just one simple warning.
Plastic State of Mind
Nov 01, 2011
- A video parody: Why the age-old "paper or plastic?" question shouldn't be a question at all.
The Barefoot Artist
Nov 01, 2011
- A new film explores Lily Yeh's inner journey to do for herself what her art has helped do for many communities throughout the world.
People We Love: JR
Oct 20, 2011
- A former street artist makes art for humanity.
“This is Just Practice”—The Story of the Wall Street Occupation
by Nathan SchneiderSep 23, 2011
- There’s a lot of misinformation about the occupation of Wall Street. What’s it really about?
What a 10-Year-Old Did for the Tar Sands
by Angela SterrittAug 15, 2011
- Why a First Nations student from British Columbia is taking on a controversial trans-Canadian pipeline project—through song.
How Art Can Turn the World Inside Out
Aug 11, 2011
- In Paris, Palestine, Peru, and beyond—guerrilla artist JR asks the people of the world share their faces to transform urban landscapes into stories.