Art & Activism
Creative ways to get your voice heard.
Signs of Sanity (and/or Fear)
posted Nov 01, 2010
- The best sights and signs from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
51 Ways to Spark a Commons Revolution
by Jay Walljasperposted Oct 21, 2010
- What you can do, alone and with others, to share life.
People We Love :: Nadia Janjua
by Tiffany Ranposted Sep 29, 2010
- Combining Islam and the environment
Corporations Ain’t People: A Musical Protest
posted Sep 14, 2010
- Video: GLEE-inspired activism for a democracy run by human beings, not corporations.
Resilient Ideas: Sunshine On The Menu
by Ari LeVeauxposted Sep 09, 2010
- Come for the food, stay for the art at New York City's first solar-powered restaurant.
Banksy Street Art
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Photo Essay: British street artist, Banksy, makes his mark in New Orleans.
Pete Seeger: Don’t Give Up, Don’t Give In
posted Aug 04, 2010
- As Willie Nelson taught us, you just can’t play a sad song on a banjo. Folk legend Pete Seeger unveils his newest protest song.
Stitching Up the Gulf
posted Jul 29, 2010
- Video: 12-year-old Sofia Aderer lost her home to Katrina. Now she's doing her best to make sure birds don't lose their lives to the BP oil spill.
Portraits of Courage: Americans Who Tell the Truth
by Robert Shetterlyposted Jul 20, 2010
- To fight his shame and cynicism, artist Robert Shetterly began painting the courageous Americans whose lives filled him with pride and hope.
France (Not) to Repay Debt to Haiti
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jul 15, 2010
- A prank website is bringing France's colonial crimes into the spotlight.
We Are Many: Chris Jordan Captures Our Blessed Unrest
posted Jul 09, 2010
- A striking depiction of one million organizations working for a better world.
When Numbers Aren’t Enough
by Paul Loebposted Jul 07, 2010
- Statistics rarely get under our skin, but stories do. Paul Loeb offers advice for catalyzing social change.
“Action is the Antidote to Despair”
posted Jul 06, 2010
- Photo essay: A photographer confronts the BP oil disaster.
Danny Glover: Let’s Reclaim Our Country
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 23, 2010
- Actor and activist Danny Glover on how the Social Forum is strengthening people's movements.
Americans Who Tell the Truth :: David Korten
by Robert Shetterlyposted Jun 21, 2010
- Robert Shetterly’s remarkable collection of portraits reminds us of the dignity, courage and importance of America's truth tellers. This portrait: YES! Board Chair David Korten.