Strengthening our connections.
Reaching for Resilience
by Christa Hillstromposted Oct 21, 2010
- 10 ways that one rural ecovillage is building strong foundations for coming times.
A Day in the Life of a BerkShare
by Bill McKibbenposted Oct 18, 2010
- Want to encourage the local economy? Try printing your own regional money.
The End of the Experiment
by Vicki Robinposted Oct 08, 2010
- So what did I learn from a month of hyperlocavore eating?
Support Groups for Hard Times
by Chuck Collinsposted Oct 05, 2010
- How can Transition Towns and Common Security Clubs help us navigate a changing economy and environment?
Reflections on the Transition
by Pamela O’Malley Changposted Oct 05, 2010
- Self-sufficiency, I realize, is a misnomer. What I am aiming for is local sufficiency, together with my neighbors.
Eat. Blog. Love.
by Vicki Robinposted Sep 27, 2010
- How can you not love the one who feeds you? If you have the good fortune to know who that is, I mean.
Reclaim Your Streets: How to Create Safe and Social Pedestrian Plazas
by Erika Kosinaposted Sep 22, 2010
- 6 steps for replacing cars with parks.
Happy Park(ing) Day
posted Sep 17, 2010
- One day a year, in cities throughout the country, parking spots take on a whole new meaning. Simply by paying the parking meter and rolling out some grass, residents claim these spaces as public parks.
“In the Face of This Truth”
by Robert Jensenposted Sep 17, 2010
- It’s time to talk honestly about collapse–no matter how others may respond.
3 Big Ideas for a Resilient Future
posted Sep 17, 2010
- Build skills, go local, and celebrate life to prepare for times ahead.
Resilient Ideas: Making Fruit Public
by Susan DeFreitasposted Sep 09, 2010
- Art-infused activism to bring city fruit to the public.
Resilient Ideas: Low-Impact Urban Living
by Sven Eberleinposted Sep 09, 2010
- The challenges of creating urban ecovillages can also be great advantages.
10-Mile Dieter at a 100-Mile Diet Potluck
by Vicki Robinposted Sep 02, 2010
- What my neighbors and I learned when we sat down to figure out what food resources we have at hand, and how to fill the gaps.
In New Orleans, Kindness Trumped Chaos
by Rebecca Solnitposted Aug 27, 2010
- Lessons of dedication, solidarity, love, and recovery, five years after Katrina.
Home-Grown Businesses: The Role of Grassroots Financing
by Stacy Mitchellposted Aug 26, 2010
- How businesses are turning to their neighbors for funding.