Strengthening our connections.
Jennifer Real: Protecting Clean Water
by Jennifer Kayeposted Feb 01, 2012
- This PTA mom is leading the fight against toxic waste in her Texas hometown.
Save the Shoes! A Life Lesson from a Volunteer Firefighter
posted Jan 30, 2012
- Volunteer Firefighter Mark Bezos reminds us that heroism starts with everyday acts of kindness.
Deb Richter: A Cure for Broken Health Care
by Daniel Firesideposted Jan 24, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Meet the doctor who uprooted her life to bring universal health care to Vermont.
Beyond “Free” or “Fair” Trade: Mexican Farmers Go Local
by Mike Woldposted Jan 23, 2012
- We usually think of the demand for local, organic foods as coming from the North. But in southern Mexico, the growing localist movement is a strategy for survival.
Local Economies for a Global Future
by Jason F. McLennanposted Jan 19, 2012
- Yes, we need to relocalize—but that doesn’t mean we're headed for provincialism. Anticipating our near-heavy, far-light future.
Why Own When You Can Share?
posted Jan 11, 2012
- Welcome to the new age of collaborative consumption.
May Boeve: Friendship to Carry Us Through Crisis
by Colin Beavanposted Jan 10, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: The worldwide climate-change movement started with the dreams of a few college friends.
Work, Reimagined: Detroit Gets Creative
by Zak Rosenposted Jan 05, 2012
- How residents of America’s most famously down and out city are building livelihoods that also rebuild their communities.
5 Reasons to Serve
by Nipun Mehtaposted Dec 30, 2011
- What doing things for others does for ourselves.
To Build Community, an Economy of Gifts
by Charles Eisensteinposted Dec 27, 2011
- For a multitude of reasons, we need to need each other.
In China, Bike-Sharing on a Big Scale
by Jennifer Kayeposted Dec 20, 2011
- Hangzhou, China: 7 million people. 50,000 public bikes. 240,000 trips a day. The largest public cycling system on Earth.
Pittsburgh Rides it Forward
by Kate Malongowskiposted Dec 20, 2011
- Get a bike, fix a bike, give a bike—how a local collective spreads the love of cycling.
Lily Yeh: Beauty in Broken Places
by Natalie Pompilioposted Dec 20, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Healing war-torn, broken, and economically devastated communities through art.
Henry Red Cloud: Solar Warrior for Native America
by Talli Naumanposted Dec 19, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Bringing renewable energy and jobs to reservations.
Nipun Mehta: An Economy to Feed Your Soul
by Jennifer Kayeposted Dec 13, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: How relationships are our real wealth.