In Conservative States, 2 Cities (and a Church) Helped LGBT Rights Gain Ground
by Liza Bayless, Araz HachadourianDec 06, 2016
- From Idaho to Georgia, people found ways to offer sanctuary and legal protection.
They Lost Their Jungles to Plantations, But These Indigenous Women Grew Them Back
by Anuradha SenguptaDec 05, 2016
- When a governmental effort to encourage cash crops threatened their food security and native land, India’s indigenous families came together to revive their traditional food systems.
8 Strategies for Confronting Hate (That Don’t Involve a Safety Pin)
by Elizabeth SvobodaDec 02, 2016
- Everyday heroism like standing up for someone in trouble means pushing past your own fear. Here's how to do so with caution and courage.
The Importance of Meditating Even When You’re Happy
by Richard J. DavidsonNov 28, 2016
- Think of it as preventative medicine for the likely event of stress.
Keep Your Spirits Up: You Can’t Resist Trump When You’re Tired and Sad
by Colin BeavanNov 26, 2016
- We must take care of ourselves in a way that ensures our compassion is not drained away.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.
How Creative Repurposing of Industrial Scrap Is Holding Off a Neighborhood’s Gentrification
by Amanda AbramsNov 24, 2016
- 25-year old Scrap Exchange partners with Durham, North Carolina, residents to build an innovative arts district.
How Comfort Food Is Getting Me Through These Rough Post-Election Days
by Erin SagenNov 23, 2016
- I’ve learned that when we’re vulnerable, when we’re unsure about the world and our place in it, food is the way back home.
How I Stopped Mindlessly Buying Things
by Sarah LazarovicNov 22, 2016
- Stores want me to buy stuff I don’t need. The internet wants me to buy stuff I don’t need. But I finally figured it out.
How to Attempt Racial Healing—Even During a Trump Presidency
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 21, 2016
- America’s past truth and reconciliation processes show us what works.
5 Ways Science Says to Handle Difficult Emotional Situations
by Kira M. NewmanNov 19, 2016
- Resilience practices can help you confront stress and pain more skillfully, starting with finding silver linings.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
How Cities Can Protect People Threatened By Trumpism
by Arun GuptaNov 11, 2016
- Cities can offer shelter and protection to their vulnerable citizens and become a place progressives can exert real power.
How to Find the Good in This Nasty Election Cycle
by Kelly McGonigalNov 08, 2016
- Four ways to turn election stress into courage and compassion.
Millions of Women Know Sexual Trauma—Thanks to Trump, They’re a Voting Bloc
by A.C. ShiltonNov 02, 2016
- The 76 million women who have been oppressed by rape culture and sexual trauma may turn out with surprising force on November 8.