The Stress-Busting, Mood-Lifting Effects of Mindfulness During Pregnancy
by Kira M. NewmanAug 27, 2016
- 4 ways a mindfulness practice can protect the health and well-being of mothers and their babies.
Call for Submissions: Science for the Public Good
by YES! StaffAug 26, 2016
- Send us your ideas by Sept 25.
Why We Need Tiny Colleges
by Marcus FordAug 26, 2016
- Could smaller—and cheaper—schools produce more thoughtful, engaged, and compassionate human beings?
To Thrive, We Must Be In Touch With Each Other
by Sarah van GelderAug 17, 2016
- When we live connected to a community, we are more likely to become champions for one another, not just for ourselves.
Thinking of Moving? Why Staying Put Could Make You Happier
by Kira M. NewmanAug 08, 2016
- A new book explores what it means to settle down and love where you live.
My Walking Pilgrimage
by John FrancisAug 01, 2016
- How the simple act of walking can open us up to confront and heal our toughest problems.
Celebrate the Urban Wilderness Right Where You Live
by Shelley McEuenJul 18, 2016
- Throughout the country there are revitalization efforts to bring back to life long-neglected urban wild areas.
Three Things That Matter Most in Youth and Old Age
by Nancy HillJul 18, 2016
- A photographer explores what’s important when you’ve lived fewer than seven years or more than seven decades.
Tell Us About the Revolution Where You Live
by YES! StaffJul 15, 2016
- The 20th anniversary issue of YES! will show you, state by state, how change happens when communities work together. Tell us what’s happening where you live today.
More Diversity in the Workforce Starts With Education
by Lornet TurnbullJul 14, 2016
- A Seattle-area school aims to better prepare Black and Latino students for careers in math and science through its unique program.
Germany Announces Revolutionary Bike Highway
by Kelly McCartneyJul 13, 2016
- The country will soon unveil a massive bike path linking 10 cities and four universities within its borders.
In Photos: Real Men Do Cry
by Maud FernhoutJul 13, 2016
- Emotions aren’t gender exclusive.
Why Being a “Good Guy” Is Not Enough
by Joe SamalinJul 11, 2016
- Either you’re actively working against sexual violence or you’re enabling it.
Think Gender Issues Can’t Be Funny? Think Again
by Alexa StrabukJul 07, 2016
- Three comedians using stand-up to breakdown gender stereotypes.
This Is What Naked Power Looks Like
by Taja LindleyJul 05, 2016
- Why feminist burlesque performers put their bodies and politics in full view.