The good life doesn't have to cost the planet.
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Jan 31, 2002
- An interview with Harry Belafonte.
by Samuel P. Olinerposted Nov 05, 2001
- Sociologist and Holocaust survivor Samuel P. Oliner writes about what motivates altruists and heroes who put the welfare of others alongside their own. Reaching out to others has been the force behind much that is good in the world.
In the Native Way
by Tom Goldtoothposted Nov 05, 2001
- For a sundancer and bundle-keeper in the Dakota tradition, the world and the spirit are identical.
Dream of a Ridiculous Man
by Charles W., Joan C. Prattposted Jun 30, 2001
- A story of Patrick Lydon and the Camphill Communities.
The Cornucopia of the Commons
by David Bollierposted Jun 30, 2001
- The Cornucopia of the Commons, by David Bollier. Community gardens, free software, self-help groups, and other examples of how the gift economy fosters community and social cohesion as well as economic innovation.
The Sound And the Furious
by Corinne Asturiasposted Jun 30, 2001
- The Sound and the Furious, by Corinne Asturias. How silence is good for commons and noise pollution invades every refuge.
A Tale of Three Cities
by Rachel Brahinskyposted Jun 30, 2001
- A Tale of Three Cities, by Rachel Brahinsky. Cautionary tales from California highlight the need for reform in the energy industry and in energy policy.
The White Dog's Tale
by Maryann Gormanposted Mar 31, 2001
- Judy Wicks story about the White Dog Cafe and how an entrepreneur can also be an activist.
Danny Glover: An Interview by Sarah van Gelder
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 31, 2001
- UNDP Goodwill Ambassador and actor Danny Glover talks about his lifelong activism.
Now I Become Myself
by Parker Palmerposted Mar 31, 2001
- Parker Palmer writes about finding his vocation and the link between self and service
State of the Possible
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2001
- Practical idealists from diverse movements and perspectives consider the possibilities for transformational change at State of the Possible retreats sponsored by Positive Futures Network.
Consciousness And the Natural Law Party
by John Hagelinposted Mar 31, 2001
- Seeking win-win solutions through development of human consciousness.
by Matthew Foxposted Mar 31, 2001
- Right Livelihood by Matthew Fox. Is the work we are doing good for the Earth and its inhabitants now and for seven generations into the future?
Reimagining Your Life
by Elyse Fieldsposted Mar 31, 2001
- Re-Imagining Your Life- Lisa Zeiler, Roberto Maestas, Al Chase, Bob Dickerson, Ariel Meadows
Martin Luther King's Movement-Building Legacy
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Mar 31, 2001
- The struggle goes far beyond race and rights. We are in the early stages of a new democratic revolutionary movement.