The good life doesn't have to cost the planet.
Doctor's Orders: Health Coverage for Everyone
by Daina Saibposted Jul 29, 2008
- The movement for universal single-payer health care is growing, and it's not just liberals who are behind it. Dana Saib talks to the doctors and small business owners—including Republicans—who are lobbying for health care reform in "Doctors' Orders: Health Coverage for Everyone."
by Velcrow Ripperposted Jul 18, 2008
- In a world teetering on the edge of self-destruction, award-winning filmmaker Velcrow Ripper sets out on a unique pilgrimage. Visiting the 'Ground Zeroes' of the planet, he asks if it's possible to find hope in the darkest moments of human history.
posted Jul 18, 2008
- Equality U is a feature-length documentary following 33 young activists on a cross-country tour to confront anti-gay discrimination policies at conservative religious colleges.
Comic Against Racism
posted Jul 18, 2008
- This Colors NW Video Podcast focuses on Comedy as an art-form used to deal with issues of racism. Watch hilarious clips by Hari Kondabolu and Ahamefule Oluo in this short documentary.
How Does Your CEO Get to Work?
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 18, 2008
- Fran Korten’s rain-or-shine commute to YES! Magazine gives her 3.4 carbon-free miles and an intrepid outlook. Oh, and fun helmet hair.
An Interview with Winona LaDuke
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jun 17, 2008
- Winona LaDuke on wild rice, wind power, Thunder Beings, self-reliance, and our covenant with the Creator.
Commentary :: Don’t Be Nice—Be Kind
by Akaya Windwoodposted May 22, 2008
- Niceness is often filled with falseness—it is a way to not tell the truth, or to obscure it. “Be nice!” is something many of us heard as children as a way of avoiding upsetting someone… it’s not effective in the long run as a way to come together to solve the myriad difficulties facing our communities, both local and global.
People We Love :: Carol Bebelle
posted May 22, 2008
- New Orleans Artists “Come Home!”
Signs of Life :: Health Care
by Noah Grantposted May 22, 2008
- Support Grows for National Plan
Signs of Life :: Iraq War
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2008
- Virtual Memorials for War Casualties
Signs of Life :: Green Economy
by Jeremy Brecher, Tim Costello, Brendan Smithposted May 22, 2008
- Green Jobs Kindle Economic Hopes
A Potential Ally in Fighting Consumerism
by Dale Jiajun Wenposted May 22, 2008
- A Potential Ally in Fighting Consumerism, by Dale Jiajun Wen shows that China, like the U.S., is discovering the dangers, eco-stresses, and human costs of a consumer-oriented lifestyle—and like in the U.S., some in China are creating alternatives.
Derrick Ashong :: Sweet Mother Tour
posted May 19, 2008
- Derrick Ashong, The 32-year-old Hip Hop musician, along with fellow members of the band Soulfège, founded the pop music and multimedia phenomenon Sweet Mother Tour, which has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers.
Sweet Mother Tour
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
Chris Jordan :: Running the Numbers
by Chris Jordanposted Apr 14, 2008
- Dazzling images make the statistics that describe the huge waste streams of our consumer culture visible. This photo essay shows recent works of Chris Jordan from his Running the Numbers and Intolerable Beauty series.