What It Takes to Change Hearts and Minds
by Colin BeavanFeb 23, 2017
- To get someone’s support, you need more than just facts.
Call for Submissions: It’s Time for a Just Transition
by YES! EditorsFeb 16, 2017
- Send us your ideas by March 13.
Teacher Has Unique Handshake for Every Student
Feb 01, 2017
- Fifth grade teacher Barry White, Jr. of North Caroline created a unique handshake for each of his students based on their individual personalities.
Harry Potter Is Relevant to Fighting Trump—But Not The Way You Think
by Ray StoeveJan 29, 2017
- How to adapt the fictional lessons of the Harry Potter universe to a real-life Voldemort.
10 Films to Keep You Inspired After the Women’s March
by Breena KerrJan 27, 2017
- Movies to remind you there’s hope in the fight for justice and equality.
The Spirit of Standing Rock on the Move
by Stephanie WoodardJan 24, 2017
- People from more than 300 tribes traveled to the North Dakota plains to pray and march in solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux. Back home, each tribe faces its own version of the “black snake” and a centuries-old struggle to survive.
What the U.S. Can Learn From “Viking Economics”
by Valerie SchloredtJan 23, 2017
- Author George Lakey explains why Scandinavia tops world lists for equality, health, and happiness.
If We’re Honest, We All Know Trump’s America
by Robert JensenJan 17, 2017
- Trump articulates ideas that are closer to what is considered “normal” in the United States than many of us are willing to acknowledge.
Nader Calls for a Different 1 Percent
by Andy Lee RothJan 13, 2017
- Author and activist Ralph Nader wants to create a new 1 percent—one that will expose “conditions of deprivation and abuse” and champion “basic fair play.”
What’s Up, Pussy Hat? Knitting Activists Cause Shortages of Pink Yarn
by Jennifer LuxtonJan 10, 2017
- In the weeks leading up to Inauguration Day and the Women’s March on Washington, a furious knitting revolution is sweeping craft baskets across the country.
Worried About Rent Hikes, 301 Families Came Together to Buy Their Mobile Home Park
by Olivia Anderson, Araz Hachadourian, Christa HillstromJan 09, 2017
- And five other creative ways Americans are stepping up to build strong local economies.
The Science of Creating a Compassionate World: 10 Best Books of 2016
by Diana Divecha, Kira M. Newman, Laura Saponara, Jill SuttieDec 30, 2016
- The year’s most thought-provoking, important, or useful nonfiction books on empathy, kindness, and moving the conversation forward.
Call for Submissions: “Sanctuary Communities”
by YES! EditorsDec 29, 2016
- Send us your ideas by Jan. 25.
New Year, New President, and Our Promise
by YES! EditorsDec 27, 2016
- We represent independent journalism. Even in the darkest times, you can depend on us to find the progressive solutions that will heal the planet and improve the lives of the many.
How Community Land Trusts Can Fix Detroit’s Foreclosure Mess
by Abigail Savitch-LewDec 23, 2016
- Nearly 1 in 6 properties across the city faced tax foreclosure last year. Land trusts are one way to keep buildings—whether housing or businesses—permanently affordable.