The Innovating, Creative Superpowers of ADHD
by Crystal PontiApr 13, 2017
- It is so common for self-employed people to have ADHD, the disorder could be renamed “the entrepreneur’s trait.”
The Kendall Jenner Pepsi Memes Made You a Better Person. Think About It
by Ambreia Meadows-FernandezApr 07, 2017
- Those cleverly captioned photos shared on social media can spark conversations and help build empathy.
Self-Esteem Might Boost Our Egos, But Self-Compassion Opens Our Hearts
by Kristin NeffApr 04, 2017
- Unlike self-esteem, the good feelings of self-compassion do not depend on being special and above average, or on meeting ideal goals.
Incarcerating US: The Failings of America’s Prison System
by Kim EckartApr 01, 2017
- The documentary dates the problem to the war on drugs and the establishment of mandatory minimum sentences.
Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things
by Kim EckhartMar 31, 2017
- “Love people, use things, because the opposite never works.”
An Outside-the-Doctor’s-Office Approach to Health Care
by Daphne MillerMar 27, 2017
- Research is showing that health care can be an engine for community change.
The Real Work Can Begin When We Allow Uncertainty
by Colin BeavanMar 25, 2017
- Our current political climate is volatile, scary, and uncertain. But maybe the not knowing and the confusion will finally allow us to arrive at a true beginning.
In a Bad Mood? Studies Show Why That Can Be a Good Thing
by Kira M. NewmanMar 21, 2017
- Five reasons why the quest for constant happiness is misguided.
How Nature Makes Us Healthier and Happier
by Kristophe Green, Dacher KeltnerMar 13, 2017
- Over 100 studies have shown that being in nature—or even watching it in videos—benefits our brains, bodies, feelings, thought processes, and social interactions.
How to Resist From a Place of Love: Self-Care for the Long Haul
by Colin BeavanMar 11, 2017
- If you want to sustain yourself for the work ahead, here’s some advice: It doesn’t matter whether the other side “deserves” anger.
We Aren’t So Different—3 Steps to Overcome Hate and Fear
by Amanda AbramsFeb 24, 2017
- Avoiding Trump supporters only increases our already dangerous polarization. Here’s how to really listen and find compassion.
What It Takes to Change Hearts and Minds
by Colin BeavanFeb 23, 2017
- To get someone’s support, you need more than just facts.
Call for Submissions: It’s Time for a Just Transition
by YES! EditorsFeb 16, 2017
- Send us your ideas by March 13.
Teacher Has Unique Handshake for Every Student
Feb 01, 2017
- Fifth grade teacher Barry White, Jr. of North Caroline created a unique handshake for each of his students based on their individual personalities.
Harry Potter Is Relevant to Fighting Trump—But Not The Way You Think
by Ray StoeveJan 29, 2017
- How to adapt the fictional lessons of the Harry Potter universe to a real-life Voldemort.