Social Action: The Church’s Ministry in the World
by Pastor Don MackenzieApr 16, 2010
- Somewhere in our history, the link between inner spirituality and its expression in the world as loving social action grew faint. To renew that connection, we can draw deeply on traditions that call attention to our Oneness.
Up By Our Bootstraps?
by Andrée ZaleskaApr 14, 2010
- Sharing our stories of tough times can help us discover that we're not facing them alone—and that we can support each other in building a society that works for everyone.
Midway Atoll: Message From the Gyre
Apr 14, 2010
- Video: Chris Jordan's powerful photographs show the impact of disposable plastics on the albatross of Midway Atoll.
Bearing Witness: Chris Jordan on Art, Grief, and Transformation
by Brooke JarvisApr 14, 2010
- Photographer Chris Jordan's latest project left him feeling grief and hopelessness. Now he wants more people to discover how productive those emotions can be.
The Kid Question
by Shannon HayesApr 14, 2010
- How one woman decided whether reproduction had a place in her quest for a sustainable life.
Local Economies Close the Distance Between Us
by Stacy MitchellApr 13, 2010
- But our city planning policies are rigged against them. How can we support neighborhood businesses that slow the pace of life and encourage people to get to know each other?
Yard for Share: My Hyperlocavore Garden
by Pamela O'Malley ChangApr 13, 2010
- When the internet connects gardeners with available land, surprising things can happen.
Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Rev. Wendy L. BellApr 13, 2010
- The Eye-Opening, Hope-Filled Friendship of a Pastor, a Rabbi & a Sheikh.
Book Excerpt: Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Pastor Don Mackenzie, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Sheikh Jamal RahmanApr 13, 2010
- In the chapter "Honoring the Spirit" the Interfaith Amigos describe one of the most meaningful moments they have experienced in their work together.
People We Love :: Carol Beckley
by Kim EckartApr 13, 2010
- Cultivating a rural community.
People We Love :: Ricardo Navarro
by Ashlee GreenApr 13, 2010
- Choosing a sustainable path.
A Thousand Suns
Apr 12, 2010
- Our new problems might require paying attention to old wisdom. A new documentary looks to indigenous leadership for answers—and throws our way of life into sharp relief.
Freeing the Spirit of Change
by Rabbi Ted FalconApr 09, 2010
- Ethical behavior and loving generosity are at the core of faith—so why is the world hurting? Rabbi Ted Falcon on why paying attention to our interconnection is the first step toward healing.
The New Zealand Way: Another Approach to Health Care
by Ken FabertApr 08, 2010
- When I ask New Zealanders if they would rather have a system like that in the United States, the response is a unanimous and unequivocal “No!”
No Car, No Problem
by Orion KriegmanApr 05, 2010
- Car-free living not only cuts back on your greenhouse gas emissions. It also builds local community, brings families closer together, and helps support local economies.