Book Excerpt: Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Pastor Don Mackenzie, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Sheikh Jamal RahmanApr 13, 2010
- In the chapter "Honoring the Spirit" the Interfaith Amigos describe one of the most meaningful moments they have experienced in their work together.
People We Love :: Carol Beckley
by Kim EckartApr 13, 2010
- Cultivating a rural community.
People We Love :: Ricardo Navarro
by Ashlee GreenApr 13, 2010
- Choosing a sustainable path.
A Thousand Suns
Apr 12, 2010
- Our new problems might require paying attention to old wisdom. A new documentary looks to indigenous leadership for answers—and throws our way of life into sharp relief.
Freeing the Spirit of Change
by Rabbi Ted FalconApr 09, 2010
- Ethical behavior and loving generosity are at the core of faith—so why is the world hurting? Rabbi Ted Falcon on why paying attention to our interconnection is the first step toward healing.
The New Zealand Way: Another Approach to Health Care
by Ken FabertApr 08, 2010
- When I ask New Zealanders if they would rather have a system like that in the United States, the response is a unanimous and unequivocal “No!”
No Car, No Problem
by Orion KriegmanApr 05, 2010
- Car-free living not only cuts back on your greenhouse gas emissions. It also builds local community, brings families closer together, and helps support local economies.
Maryland Launches Genuine Progress Indicator
by Scott GastApr 02, 2010
- By changing what they measure, Marylanders can see for themselves whether chasing the benefits of continued economic growth is worth the costs.
Healing Body and Heart, Cuban Style
by Beverly Bell and Tory FieldApr 02, 2010
- Cuban doctors and artists–on the ground in Haiti even before the earthquake–are helping survivors heal.
A $67 Billion Victory for Students
by David BollierApr 01, 2010
- The student loan program was socializing risks and privatizing profits. New legislation will let students skip the corporate middlemen.
Moving Beyond Ego
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanMar 29, 2010
- How getting to know your inner self can help foster peace, understanding, and happiness.
Why Race Has Everything To Do With Who and How I Teach
by Walter DavisMar 26, 2010
- At Rising S.T.A.R.S. Male Academy in urban Atlanta, Walter Davis uses "real talk" and literature to teach middle school boys of color how to be excellent students and emerge as successful young men.
Holy Week: A Journey Toward Community
by Pastor Don MackenzieMar 22, 2010
- The journey through Holy Week is a journey “out of Egypt,” because it frees us from the practices and stereotypes that keep us from moving toward a more positive future.
Banking on Change
Mar 18, 2010
- With a briefcase and a motorcycle, a banker in India gets poor communities on their feet—and, in the process, blurs the lines between finance and community organizing.
Can a Video Game Teach Sustainability?
by Rik LangendoenMar 15, 2010
- In an entertainment subculture famous for violence and resource exploitation, one video game offers lessons for urban sustainability.