The good life doesn't have to cost the planet.
The White Dog's Tale
by Maryann Gormanposted Mar 31, 2001
- Judy Wicks story about the White Dog Cafe and how an entrepreneur can also be an activist.
Danny Glover: An Interview by Sarah van Gelder
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 31, 2001
- UNDP Goodwill Ambassador and actor Danny Glover talks about his lifelong activism.
Now I Become Myself
by Parker Palmerposted Mar 31, 2001
- Parker Palmer writes about finding his vocation and the link between self and service
State of the Possible
by Fran Kortenposted Mar 31, 2001
- Practical idealists from diverse movements and perspectives consider the possibilities for transformational change at State of the Possible retreats sponsored by Positive Futures Network.
Consciousness And the Natural Law Party
by John Hagelinposted Mar 31, 2001
- Seeking win-win solutions through development of human consciousness.
by Matthew Foxposted Mar 31, 2001
- Right Livelihood by Matthew Fox. Is the work we are doing good for the Earth and its inhabitants now and for seven generations into the future?
Reimagining Your Life
by Elyse Fieldsposted Mar 31, 2001
- Re-Imagining Your Life- Lisa Zeiler, Roberto Maestas, Al Chase, Bob Dickerson, Ariel Meadows
Martin Luther King's Movement-Building Legacy
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Mar 31, 2001
- The struggle goes far beyond race and rights. We are in the early stages of a new democratic revolutionary movement.
Love With Claws And Jaws
by Carolyn Raffensbergerposted Oct 27, 2000
- love with claws and jaws by Carolyn Raffensperger. Exploration of the many meanings of power and the power of love.
India's Silent But Singing Revolution
by Pramila Jayapulposted Oct 27, 2000
- India's silent but singing revolution, by Pramila Jayapul. Swadyaya social movement in India is based on belief that God resides within, all people and nature are connected, and a person's responsibility is only to do one's duty to the best of one's capability for God and without attachment to the fruits of the labor.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney Hardingposted Oct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
Garden of Simplicity
by Duane Elginposted Oct 27, 2000
- garden of simplicity, by Duane Elgin. Simplicity is the new mantra for the overworked, over-stressed, and over-cluttered, and for those who want to lighten their impact on the Earth. The author of the classic book on voluntary simplicity says the ways to simplicity are many.
The Great Community of the Earth
by Thomas Berryposted Oct 27, 2000
- the great community of the Earth, by Thomas Berry. At a special event held during the UN Summit for Religious and Spiritual Leaders in August, Thomas Berry told these stories of our common dreams for the Earth.
Song of the Land
by Philip M. Klaskyposted Sep 30, 2000
- Mohave Creation Song cycle describes relation of the Mohave to their land and helps prevent Ward Valley from becoming a nuclear waste dump.
by Michael Jonasposted Sep 30, 2000
- In 1990 Boston had 152 killings; in 1999, the number had fallen to 30, not one of them a juvenile. Boston's nationally acclaimed approach to stemming gang violence and youth crime is examined.