The good life doesn't have to cost the planet.
The Great Community of the Earth
by Thomas Berryposted Oct 27, 2000
- the great community of the Earth, by Thomas Berry. At a special event held during the UN Summit for Religious and Spiritual Leaders in August, Thomas Berry told these stories of our common dreams for the Earth.
Song of the Land
by Philip M. Klaskyposted Sep 30, 2000
- Mohave Creation Song cycle describes relation of the Mohave to their land and helps prevent Ward Valley from becoming a nuclear waste dump.
by Michael Jonasposted Sep 30, 2000
- In 1990 Boston had 152 killings; in 1999, the number had fallen to 30, not one of them a juvenile. Boston's nationally acclaimed approach to stemming gang violence and youth crime is examined.
White on Black, Black on White
by Carol Estes, Robert Jeffreyposted Sep 30, 2000
- Two perspectives on a talking circle about racism held following the WTO protests in Seattle.
Youth Court: Jury of Their Peers
by Edgar S. Cahnposted Sep 30, 2000
- The Time Dollar Youth Court in Washington, D.C. for first time juvenile offenders aims to keep first offenders from becoming hardened criminals.
Book Review - Graceful Simplicity by Jerome Segal, Living Lightly by Walter and Dorothy Schwarz
by John de Graafposted Jun 30, 2000
- Segal shows that now, perhaps for the first time in history, it is possible to create a society where all people can live simply but gracefully, with time for the things that really matter – deep friendships and relationships, a beautiful and clean environment, and freedom from fear and insecurity. All that is needed is the political will.
by Vicki Robinposted Jun 30, 2000
- When big media attempts to horn in on the simplicity movement, author and voluntary simplicity spokeperson Vicki Robin draws a line in the sand
New Life At the Roots
by Carol Estesposted Jun 30, 2000
- Farmers and consumers bypass industrial agriculture and work together to create a new American agriculture
by Brian DeVoreposted Jun 30, 2000
- combining some old-fashioned animal husbandry with new, low-tech facility design and sophisticated ideas about the relationships between livestock and the land.
Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation
by Wendell Berryposted Jun 30, 2000
- Manifesto: the mad farmer liberation front, by Wendell Berry
Twenty Acres And a Hen
by Rachel Bagbyposted Jun 30, 2000
- Rachel Bagby rediscovers her roots (in the soil) and learns about the creatures she shares it with
by Jean Houstonposted Mar 31, 2000
- Jean Houston, sees the internet as a place where a new species intelligence is being born.
Moments of Grace
by Thomas Berryposted Mar 31, 2000
- new stories, moments of grace, by thomas berry
by Tracy Rysavyposted Oct 29, 1999
- A story about Tree People, a Los Angeles organization that is fighting global climate change by planting trees. by Tracy Rysavy
Notes From a Pilgrimage
by Fran Kortenposted Oct 29, 1999
- Fran Korten makes a pilgramage to see the Dalai Lama