Acupuncture for All
by Pamela O'Malley ChangNov 07, 2007
- With increasing numbers of people unable to afford health care, community practitioners are making acupuncture accessible to everyone. Pamela O'Malley Change invites us to "Imagine acupuncture being the medicine everyone uses and values."
The DIY Liberation Guide
by Lilja OttoNov 07, 2007
- Walk out, get free stuff, toss a flower bomb. Simple steps for day-to-day liberation. Go ahead: free your world.
Pirates on the Open Airwaves
by Brooke JarvisNov 07, 2007
- Low-power transmitters are making local radio accessible to many. Is this pirate radio or is it serving the public interest?
Compost Toilets and Self-Rule
by Madhu Suri PrakashNov 07, 2007
- The ecological toilet is one of today's most hope-filled expressions of people's power. How composting toilets help us take back our power and autonomy.
A Taste of Freedom at Home
by Adam & Kibby MacKinnonNov 07, 2007
- Living their values in a community in Seattle, Adam and Kibby MacKinnon describe how Emma Goldman Finishing School provides a new kind of freedom.
It Took a Village
by Heather MuellerNov 07, 2007
- In Miami, homeless citizens didn’t wait for the city. They created their own home and found dignity and safety.
Can We Talk?
by Vicki RobinNov 07, 2007
- Conversation Cafés are there to create a space for diverse strangers and neighbors to gather and talk about things of common interest and concern—culture, politics, philosophy and more.
Reclaiming Our Freedom to Learn
by Gustavo EstevaNov 07, 2007
- Creating alternatives to traditional schools, in Oaxaca they created their own university, "unitierra", where students learn whatever they want to learn, where students are their communities, and learn by apprenticeship.
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen AngelNov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.
Live Free—Do It Yourself
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelNov 07, 2007
- The consumer life carries invisible chains. Let's make spaces where we can be free. Step off the path. Free of debt, free of consumerism, moving into community and joy.
Taking Freedom to the Streets
by Sarah van GelderNov 07, 2007
- By liberating exterior spaces, people are also freeing their minds and hearts and opening up the potential of human society for greatness. Sarah van Gelder introduces the "Liberate Your Space" Winter 2008 issue of YES!
In Review :: Personal Safety Nets
by Lisa FarinoSep 17, 2007
- Book review: Personal Safety Nets: Getting Ready for Life's Inevitable Changes & Challenges by John W. Gibson and Judy Pigott.
David Solnit Stands Up For Protest
Aug 29, 2007
- David Solnit Stands Up For Protest
My Year of Eating Local: Zucchini Wars
by Barbara KingsolverJul 26, 2007
- In an excerpt from the book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", Barbara Kingsolver writes of the challenges of dealing with growing zucchini.
Jul 17, 2007
- Examples of how art is used nationwide to promote the healing process.