Taking Freedom to the Streets
by Sarah van GelderNov 07, 2007
- By liberating exterior spaces, people are also freeing their minds and hearts and opening up the potential of human society for greatness. Sarah van Gelder introduces the "Liberate Your Space" Winter 2008 issue of YES!
In Review :: Personal Safety Nets
by Lisa FarinoSep 17, 2007
- Book review: Personal Safety Nets: Getting Ready for Life's Inevitable Changes & Challenges by John W. Gibson and Judy Pigott.
David Solnit Stands Up For Protest
Aug 29, 2007
- David Solnit Stands Up For Protest
My Year of Eating Local: Zucchini Wars
by Barbara KingsolverJul 26, 2007
- In an excerpt from the book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", Barbara Kingsolver writes of the challenges of dealing with growing zucchini.
Jul 17, 2007
- Examples of how art is used nationwide to promote the healing process.
Americans Who Tell the Truth :: David Korten
by Robert ShetterlyJul 14, 2007
- Robert Shetterly’s remarkable collection of portraits reminds us of the dignity, courage and importance of America's truth tellers. This portrait: YES! Board Chair David Korten.
Pass it On
by Alice LovelaceJun 27, 2007
- Poetry by Alice Lovelace
Jun 14, 2007
- A preview of the documentary film ¡Salud! which examines the Cuban health care system and its role in the quest for global health.
Baptists and Popular Education in Cuba: an interview with Joel Suárez
by Sarah van Gelder, Justine SimonJun 12, 2007
- An interview with Joel Suárez, the general coordinator of the Martin Luther King Center in Havana, Cuba. He discusses the three founding pillars of the movement, as well as the lead up to the 1992 changes in Cuba's constitution that ratified the state's secular nature.
Meningitis B: Cuba's Got the Vaccine—Why Don't We?
by Robert Fortner, MDMay 15, 2007
- A vaccine with proven effectiveness against Meningitis B was developed in Cuba in the 1980s. Since then, 55 million doses have been administered in Cuba and other countries. But not in the U.S.,where outbreaks still kill children. Dr. Robert Fortner, MD, wanted to find out why…
5 Ways NOT to Travel Like a Tourist
by Lisa Gale GarriguesMay 11, 2007
- Tips to minimize travel that screams "TOURIST!"
Every Day Ought To Be Earth Day
by Ann LovejoyApr 24, 2007
- A sermon given by Ann Lovejoy at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Bainbridge Island.
Education, by Rights
by Liz Sullivan, Cecilia BlewerFeb 06, 2007
- Teach the Children: How do we build a school system that serves the needs of all students? Human rights provides a solid foundation.
Abraham to Descendants: “Knock it Off”
by Sarah van GelderNov 06, 2006
- The Interfaith Amigos: A rabbi, a minister, and an imam, brought together by 9/11 and what followed, discover new spiritual depths from their dialogue and friendship.
Caffeinated Community Comeback: Small Ohio Town Discovers Power of Networking
by Frances Moore LappeOct 17, 2006
- A story of community redevelopment from the bottom up. Starting with a coffee shop, and adding artisans, classes, and the power of networking. June Holley now helps communities around the globe form Smart Networks by training and supporting Network Weavers. Appalachian Center for Economic Networks.