Burning Man, the Leave-No-Trace Arts Festival
by Corey WaggonerNov 07, 2005
- In 2003, the Bureau of Land Management declared Burning Man the largest Leave-No-Trace event in the world.
Drop the Debt!
by Lisa Gale GarriguesNov 07, 2005
- Religious organizations from around the world have combined forces to convince international finance organizations to cancel the debt owed by developing nations.
What Can Congregations Do?
by Richard LangNov 07, 2005
- Three steps for congregations towards creating new economic practices of sharing
A Wake-up Call
by Jim WallisNov 07, 2005
- As the Religious Right is declaring a religious war to give their version of faith religious supremacy in America, it is time to take back both our faith and our Constitution.
Why America Needs a Spiritual Progressive
by Michael LernerNov 07, 2005
- Tikkun’s Politics of Meaning proposes a universal spirituality and values not tied to any particular religion but foundational to all religions
95 Theses or Articles of Faith for a Christianity
for the Third Millennium
by Matthew FoxNov 07, 2005
- Like Luther, I present 95 theses or in my case, 95 faith observations drawn from my 64 years of living and practicing religion and spirituality. I trust I am not alone in recognizing these truths. For me they represent a return to our origins, a return to the spirit and the teaching of Jesus and his prophetic ancestors, and of the Christ which was a spirit that Jesus’ presence and teaching unleashed.
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard LangOct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal RahmanOct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
Holy Impatience: an interview with Matthew Fox
by Sarah Ruth van GelderOct 31, 2005
- An interview with Matthew Fox. Organized religion needs to get its act together and bring in the feminine, the widom of Sophia. See also his 95 theses.
by Michael NaglerOct 31, 2005
- Spiritual progressives are just starting to understand the power of taking a stand, together.
Organic Produce Goes to School
by Rebecca ClarrenOct 04, 2005
- Farmers are struggling to stay on the land. Meanwhile, obesity is epidemic among U.S. children. A movement is creating a solution to both problems by linking schools to sources of local organic produce. The kids don’t seem to miss the deep fryers.
Book Review: Cancer-Gate: How to Win the Losing Cancer War by Samuel S. Epstein
by Judy BradySep 26, 2005
- Epstein's follow-on book to
Book Review: Carfree Cities by J.H. Crawford
by Guy DaunceySep 12, 2005
- Guy Dauncey reviews a book that praises the details in life that become noticable when people walk through their communities instead of driving.
At the Mercy of Strangers
by Wendy LustbaderAug 29, 2005
- What would you ask of the people who will care for you when you are unable to care for yourself?
Can Elders Save the World
by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-ShalomiAug 29, 2005
- This is no time to be wasting the talents and wisdom of elders.