Where Will I Live When I Get Older?
by Carolyn McConnellAug 15, 2005
- Green House Project replaces nursing homes.
Of, By and For Seniors: Japanese Seniors Co-operatives
by Robert MarshallAug 15, 2005
- Japanese families are getting smaller while the ranks of the aged are growing. A co-operative has stepped into this vacuum, connecting thousands of elders who have something to give and something to receive.
Parenting: The Sequel
by Steve and Rita Old Coyote, Dee AxelrodAug 15, 2005
- These grandparents bring savvy and compassion to the task of raising another generation
What Is Old Age For?
by William ThomasAug 05, 2005
- It turns out there is a reason humans live decades after our reproductive years end, a reason obscured by reference to "the golden years" and endless products designed to keep us young. The truth is we need our elders to be elders.
Toxins to Be Pulled from Cosmetics
by Stacy MalkanJul 26, 2005
- Three top cosmetics firms announce they are removing toxic chemicals from their products.
Art in the Village
by Abby ScherMay 25, 2005
- From abandoned to beautiful: Lily Yeh partnered with the youth of North Philadelphia to transform a neighborhood.
by Christopher Gutsche, Kathleen SmithMay 24, 2005
- Campus housing goes green at Berea College.
Extreme Makeover: Neighborhood Edition
by David WannMay 09, 2005
Five Ways to a Great Place
by Kathy MaddenMay 09, 2005
- Project for Public Spaces works to create places that attract people. What makes these places work?
The New City Beautiful
by Francesca LymanMay 09, 2005
- Vancouver, Seattle, London, and Chicago are getting healthier and more beautiful through "green urbanism."
Cities For All: An Interview with Angela Glover Blackwell
by Sarah van GelderMay 09, 2005
- Angela Glover Blackwell is founder and CEO of PolicyLink, a national organization working for economic and social equity. Her work has centered on revitalizing low-income communities and communities of color and public-interest law. She recently co-authored Searching for the Uncommon Common Ground: New Dimensions on Race in America (2002, WW Norton & Co).
The Lost Art of Dropping By
by Patrisia GonzalesFeb 01, 2005
- The Lost Art of Dropping By by Patrisia Gonzales - creating neighborliness.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted FalconJan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
A Life Lived Whole
by Parker PalmerNov 08, 2004
- What happens when people refuse to live a lie?
Questions for Students: Going Forward Full Circle
by YES! for Youth Education ProgramAug 23, 2004