The good life doesn't have to cost the planet.
by Heidi Werverposted Mar 31, 1998
- Traditional methods didn't work for the troubled students at the Pan Terra Alternative High School, so counselor Larry Davies turned to nature to help teach and heal them.
by Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinnposted Mar 31, 1998
- Sarah van Gelder talks with Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinn about how the Buddhist concept of mindfulness can help us to see the wholeness and beauty of our children in each moment.
Book Review: Pythagoras' Trousers by Margaret Wertheim
by Tracy Rysavyposted Mar 31, 1998
City People: Women's Wealth
by Jane Wilson, Diana McCourtposted Jun 30, 1997
- Womanshare—a micro-economy of skill sharing, entrepreneurship, and mutual aid.
by Alisa Gravitzposted Jun 30, 1997
- Alisa Gravitz receives a basket of gifts that nurture her spirit and the planet.
37 Ways to Join the Gift Economy
by Beverly Feldman, Charles Grayposted Jun 30, 1997
- You don't have to participate in a local currency or service exchange to be part of the cooperative gift economy. Any time you do a favor for a family member, neighbor, colleague, or stranger you're part of it. Here are some ways you can spend time in the gift economy, where you'll find fun, freedom, and connection.
State of the Future
by Sarah Van Gelderposted Mar 31, 1997
- Marc Luyckx, Ram Dass, Juliet Schor, Vandana Shiva, Fritjof Capra, David Morris, Don Edwards, Dee Dickinson, Eben Carlson, Elaine Gross, Sarah van Gelder, and Rebecca Adamson on the emerging culture