No More Steubenvilles: How To Raise Boys to be Kind Men
by Kim SimonMar 18, 2013
- What can we do to help young men respect women, recognize consent, and have healthy sexual relationships? Teach them kindness to others—and the courage to go against the crowd.
Language and Metaphors for a New Cosmology
by Tim FoxFeb 01, 2013
People Used to Sleep Twice a Night, With a Break in Between: 7 Ways to Connect With Our Wild Human Roots
by Shannan Stoll, Fabien Tepper, Valerie SchloredtJan 17, 2013
- Color like a butterfly, eat like an ancient healer, and other ways to rediscover your inner wildness.
Writing Love Letters to Hundreds of Strangers “Absolutely Healed Me”
Dec 18, 2012
- To cope with intense loneliness after moving to New York City, Hannah Brencher offered to write an old-fashioned love letter to any stranger who needed one. She never guessed how many people she would ultimately reach.
Your Body is a Body of Water
by Jourdan KeithNov 14, 2012
- A storyteller asks what you'd do if you knew your body was part of the water web.
Traditional Foods Help Remind Us Who We Are
by Kim EckartOct 30, 2012
- Tribes are pursuing a hands-on approach to finding and preparing Native foods that give spiritual sustenance, too.
The Hazards of Manhood
by Michael SchwalbeOct 30, 2012
- Am I tough enough? Am I powerful enough? Men put their bodies at risk to cover up pain, fear, and vulnerability.
Mitt Romney’s Health Care Plan Won’t Fix Our Budgets—Or Our Bodies
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- According to Republican candidates Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, letting consumers make choices in the market will bring down health care costs. YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander shows why that’s not the cure we’re after.
As Parents Learn More About Health, Will Doctors Listen?
by Shannon HayesOct 18, 2012
- Many doctors and nurses refuse to respect the knowledge of parents about their kids’ health. Shannon Hayes explains why they might be missing a lot.
Online Tools Help Doctors Listen Up
by Sarah KuckOct 11, 2012
- Does your doctor understand what you need? These simple tools are helping practitioners slow down and communicate better with patients.
6 Ways Communities Put Health First
by Stuart GlascockOct 11, 2012
- From play space for kids to AIDS activism: the fight against disease goes grassroots.
Sharat Somashekara: Healthy Food For All
Oct 08, 2012
- When Sharat noticed that Americans without access to affordable, healthy food didn't eat as well as his family, he decided to do his part to change that.
Breastfeeding Moms Boot Nestlé from Maternity Wards
by Elizabeth Ben-IshaiOct 04, 2012
- If breastfeeding is healthier for babies, why are hospitals pushing corporate infant formula? How a growing number of states and cities are banning marketing in the maternity ward.
Speaking for All Bodies (Not Just the “Perfect” Ones)
by Sven EberleinOct 03, 2012
- In “Sins Invalid,” performance artists shatter stereotypes around sex and disabilities to reclaim the body's redemptive power.
Notes from the Frontlines of Bringing Up Girls
by Tomas MonizOct 03, 2012
- What I really want to tell my daughters about autonomy and sex, in the midst of a war on women.