Health & Healing
Healing a broken system.
In Yoga, Better Breathing Through ... Beatboxing?
by Lauren Hardyposted Aug 13, 2012
- Video: Can the offbeat fusion of acoustic guitar and electronic loops help you breathe your way to better movement?
Eve Ensler: Freedom Starts With a “V”
by Madeline Ostranderposted Aug 09, 2012
- The “Vagina Monologues” author on why knowing your body can shake up the world.
Better Eating Through Mindfulness
by Jill Suttieposted Aug 08, 2012
- How can increasing your awareness of tasting, craving, and satisfaction be a tool for healthier eating? Here’s what psychologists have to say.
How Cities Can Get Drivers Biking
by Jay Walljasperposted Jul 27, 2012
- How can planners attract the 60 percent of Americans who say they would bike more if they felt more secure? The answer could be cheap and simple.
How Does Inequality Define the Health of a Nation?
posted Jul 26, 2012
- Richard Wilkinson discusses inequality and the effects it can have on a country’s citizens.
How to Fix Health Care Without the Mandate
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 06, 2012
- Why truly affordable care means single-payer.
How to Cover Everyone: Vermont’s Single-Payer Success
by Amy Gluckmanposted Mar 06, 2012
- The state’s progressive health care model has already bolstered campaigns in more than 20 other places.
5 Acts of Creative Disruption
by Ayla Harbin, Christa Hillstromposted Jan 31, 2012
- Video: From mic checks in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to flash mobs at Target, expressing dissent has never been more colorful.
Deb Richter: A Cure for Broken Health Care
by Daniel Firesideposted Jan 24, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Meet the doctor who uprooted her life to bring universal health care to Vermont.
Love Leads Into Mystery: Raising a Child With Asperger’s
by Caryn Mirriam-Goldbergposted Dec 30, 2011
- My son was not like other kids. But he taught me to drop my expectations about what life and parenting are all about.
6 Recipes for Winter Wellness
by Jennifer Kaye, Kate Malongowskiposted Dec 20, 2011
- Fight seasonal maladies the natural way.
Ai-jen Poo: Organizing Labor—With Love
by Mark Englerposted Nov 29, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Battling for those on the economic bottom rung—domestic workers.
The Barefoot Artist
posted Nov 01, 2011
- A new film explores Lily Yeh's inner journey to do for herself what her art has helped do for many communities throughout the world.
Montana Looks North for Health Care That Works
by Rebecca Leisherposted Oct 21, 2011
- To create universal care, Governor Brian Schweitzer is taking a hint from Saskatchewan—where the people live longer and it costs less, too.
Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta
by Susan Smartt Cookposted Oct 19, 2011
- Review: Ina May Gaskin, the mother of modern midwifery, calls for a return to woman-centered birth culture in her new book.