Health & Healing
Healing a broken system.
How to Fix Health Care Without the Mandate
by Sarah van Gelderposted Apr 06, 2012
- Why truly affordable care means single-payer.
How to Cover Everyone: Vermont’s Single-Payer Success
by Amy Gluckmanposted Mar 06, 2012
- The state’s progressive health care model has already bolstered campaigns in more than 20 other places.
5 Acts of Creative Disruption
by Ayla Harbin, Christa Hillstromposted Jan 31, 2012
- Video: From mic checks in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to flash mobs at Target, expressing dissent has never been more colorful.
Deb Richter: A Cure for Broken Health Care
by Daniel Firesideposted Jan 24, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Meet the doctor who uprooted her life to bring universal health care to Vermont.
Love Leads Into Mystery: Raising a Child With Asperger’s
by Caryn Mirriam-Goldbergposted Dec 30, 2011
- My son was not like other kids. But he taught me to drop my expectations about what life and parenting are all about.
6 Recipes for Winter Wellness
by Jennifer Kaye, Kate Malongowskiposted Dec 20, 2011
- Fight seasonal maladies the natural way.
Ai-jen Poo: Organizing Labor—With Love
by Mark Englerposted Nov 29, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Battling for those on the economic bottom rung—domestic workers.
The Barefoot Artist
posted Nov 01, 2011
- A new film explores Lily Yeh's inner journey to do for herself what her art has helped do for many communities throughout the world.
Montana Looks North for Health Care That Works
by Rebecca Leisherposted Oct 21, 2011
- To create universal care, Governor Brian Schweitzer is taking a hint from Saskatchewan—where the people live longer and it costs less, too.
Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta
by Susan Smartt Cookposted Oct 19, 2011
- Review: Ina May Gaskin, the mother of modern midwifery, calls for a return to woman-centered birth culture in her new book.
Tamar Blogs on No Impact Week
by Tamar Samirposted Sep 19, 2011
- No Impact Eco-leader and yoga instructor Tamar has tried the experiment five times already, but she still learns a lot from her fellow participants.
Paid Sick Leave for All
by Rebecca Leisherposted Sep 01, 2011
- Nearly 40 percent of all U.S. private sector workers get no paid sick days—but Connecticut is leading the way to change that.
Game Changers in Global AIDS Fight
by William Minterposted Jul 27, 2011
- New studies and successes show we have an opportunity to turn back this deadly epidemic.
People We Love: Caressa Cameron
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Jul 25, 2011
- Miss America raises awareness about HIV.
Why Punish Pain?
by Gabor Matéposted Jun 10, 2011
- A hit of compassion could keep drugs from becoming a crime problem.