Speaking for All Bodies (Not Just the “Perfect” Ones)
by Sven EberleinOct 03, 2012
- In “Sins Invalid,” performance artists shatter stereotypes around sex and disabilities to reclaim the body's redemptive power.
Notes from the Frontlines of Bringing Up Girls
by Tomas MonizOct 03, 2012
- What I really want to tell my daughters about autonomy and sex, in the midst of a war on women.
9 Simple Steps to Improve Your Health (Without Joining a Gym)
by Sven EberleinSep 20, 2012
- Laughter, the arts, touch, sleep. What you can do in your everyday life to get healthier.
A Graceful Exit: Taking Charge at the End of Life
by Claudia RoweSep 19, 2012
- How can we break the silence about what happens when we’re dying?
A Mothers’ Movement for Future Generations
by Heidi HutnerSep 18, 2012
- Cancer survivor Heidi Hutner worried about how to raise a baby girl in an increasingly toxic world. Why she, and others, are convening the Women’s Congress for Future Generations to make the earth safe again for our children.
Detroit’s Good Food Cure
by Larry GabrielSep 06, 2012
- What happens when the Motor City transforms itself into the capital of grow-your-own food?
Widespread War on Reproductive Rights
by Lynsi BurtonSep 04, 2012
- National polls show that most of the public supports birth control and abortion rights. So what’s with the trend of trying to limit them?
Make the Connections: Poverty, Obesity, and Diabetes
by Doug PibelSep 04, 2012
- How to fight diabetes with better policy—and cut your own diabetes risk by 93 percent.
Video: Elders at Risk in Ryan’s Health Care Plan
Aug 29, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder appears on FreeSpeech TV to explain the consequences of Republican health care plan.
The Dark Side of the “Green Economy”
by Jeff ConantAug 23, 2012
- Why some indigenous groups and environmentalists are saying no to the “green economy.”
Why Your Health Is Bigger Than Your Body
by Claudia RoweAug 21, 2012
- New findings explain how politics, economics, and ecology can help or hurt our bodies.
The Body Politic
by Madeline OstranderAug 21, 2012
- Taking charge of our bodies means more than buying stuff. It means reckoning with the intersection between our humanity and the political and environmental decisions our society makes.
In Yoga, Better Breathing Through ... Beatboxing?
by Lauren HardyAug 13, 2012
- Video: Can the offbeat fusion of acoustic guitar and electronic loops help you breathe your way to better movement?
Eve Ensler: Freedom Starts With a “V”
by Madeline OstranderAug 09, 2012
- The “Vagina Monologues” author on why knowing your body can shake up the world.
Better Eating Through Mindfulness
by Jill SuttieAug 08, 2012
- How can increasing your awareness of tasting, craving, and satisfaction be a tool for healthier eating? Here’s what psychologists have to say.