Mitt Romney’s Health Care Plan Won’t Fix Our Budgets—Or Our Bodies
by Madeline OstranderOct 19, 2012
- According to Republican candidates Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, letting consumers make choices in the market will bring down health care costs. YES! Senior Editor Madeline Ostrander shows why that’s not the cure we’re after.
As Parents Learn More About Health, Will Doctors Listen?
by Shannon HayesOct 18, 2012
- Many doctors and nurses refuse to respect the knowledge of parents about their kids’ health. Shannon Hayes explains why they might be missing a lot.
Online Tools Help Doctors Listen Up
by Sarah KuckOct 11, 2012
- Does your doctor understand what you need? These simple tools are helping practitioners slow down and communicate better with patients.
6 Ways Communities Put Health First
by Stuart GlascockOct 11, 2012
- From play space for kids to AIDS activism: the fight against disease goes grassroots.
Sharat Somashekara: Healthy Food For All
Oct 08, 2012
- When Sharat noticed that Americans without access to affordable, healthy food didn't eat as well as his family, he decided to do his part to change that.
Breastfeeding Moms Boot Nestlé from Maternity Wards
by Elizabeth Ben-IshaiOct 04, 2012
- If breastfeeding is healthier for babies, why are hospitals pushing corporate infant formula? How a growing number of states and cities are banning marketing in the maternity ward.
Speaking for All Bodies (Not Just the “Perfect” Ones)
by Sven EberleinOct 03, 2012
- In “Sins Invalid,” performance artists shatter stereotypes around sex and disabilities to reclaim the body's redemptive power.
Notes from the Frontlines of Bringing Up Girls
by Tomas MonizOct 03, 2012
- What I really want to tell my daughters about autonomy and sex, in the midst of a war on women.
9 Simple Steps to Improve Your Health (Without Joining a Gym)
by Sven EberleinSep 20, 2012
- Laughter, the arts, touch, sleep. What you can do in your everyday life to get healthier.
A Graceful Exit: Taking Charge at the End of Life
by Claudia RoweSep 19, 2012
- How can we break the silence about what happens when we’re dying?
A Mothers’ Movement for Future Generations
by Heidi HutnerSep 18, 2012
- Cancer survivor Heidi Hutner worried about how to raise a baby girl in an increasingly toxic world. Why she, and others, are convening the Women’s Congress for Future Generations to make the earth safe again for our children.
Detroit’s Good Food Cure
by Larry GabrielSep 06, 2012
- What happens when the Motor City transforms itself into the capital of grow-your-own food?
Widespread War on Reproductive Rights
by Lynsi BurtonSep 04, 2012
- National polls show that most of the public supports birth control and abortion rights. So what’s with the trend of trying to limit them?
Make the Connections: Poverty, Obesity, and Diabetes
by Doug PibelSep 04, 2012
- How to fight diabetes with better policy—and cut your own diabetes risk by 93 percent.
Video: Elders at Risk in Ryan’s Health Care Plan
Aug 29, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder appears on FreeSpeech TV to explain the consequences of Republican health care plan.