Health & Healing
Healing a broken system.
We Are All Responsible for Making Health Care a Right
by David Scheinerposted Aug 07, 2009
- Uninvited from a White House forum, President Obama's former doctor says it's time to give single-payer health care a fair hearing.
Update :: Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Americans Really Mean It: We Want Universal Health Care.
Go Organic: A Month of Organic Eating
by Laura Kaliebeposted Feb 13, 2009
- Organic. Marketing ploy or easy way to get a little greener? Laura Kaliebe attempts to find out by eating organic for 30 days.
People We Love :: America Bracho
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Profile of America Bracho, who fights for health care by and for the people in Orange County, California.
Grief’s Hidden Gift
by Wendy Callposted Oct 31, 2008
- What I learned about happiness during my mom's last days with cancer.
posted Oct 31, 2008
- Real people show how to live the good life and share their secrets to happiness.
Doctor's Orders: Health Coverage for Everyone
by Daina Saibposted Jul 29, 2008
- The movement for universal single-payer health care is growing, and it's not just liberals who are behind it. Dana Saib talks to the doctors and small business owners—including Republicans—who are lobbying for health care reform in "Doctors' Orders: Health Coverage for Everyone."
Signs of Life :: Health Care
by Noah Grantposted May 22, 2008
- Support Grows for National Plan
Acupuncture for All
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Nov 07, 2007
- With increasing numbers of people unable to afford health care, community practitioners are making acupuncture accessible to everyone. Pamela O'Malley Change invites us to "Imagine acupuncture being the medicine everyone uses and values."
posted Jul 17, 2007
- Examples of how art is used nationwide to promote the healing process.
The Bronx, New York: Quality Job, Quality Care
by Eric Laursenposted Aug 31, 2006
- Cooperative Home Care Associates offers home health care services with motivated employee owners and a cooperative that is growing.
Fighting the Cancer, Healing the Soul
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Aug 29, 2006
- The Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic provides all-around care including alternative treatments for low-income women diagnosed with cancer.
A Growing Movement
by Rev. Linda H. Wallingposted Aug 08, 2006
- As Americans pay more for less health care, a movement toward universal health care is gaining steam.
A Quick Resource Guide
posted Aug 07, 2006
- Audio, video and reference book resources for taking action on community and national health care reform.
Has Canada Got the Cure?
by Holly Dresselposted Aug 04, 2006
- The United States pays far more than Canada per capita for its health care services, yet Canadians get better care, according to various experts.