What to Pack for Disaster—And What to Leave Behind
by Rebecca SolnitMar 30, 2011
- Rebecca Solnit: When disaster strikes, don't forget your compassion and critical thinking—but leave your panic, cliches, and stereotypes at the door.
Humane Meat? No Such Thing
by Sunaura TaylorMar 27, 2011
- Should we eat animals? My disability gives me a unique view on the oxymoron "humane meat."
How Happy Was Your Meal?
by Madeline OstranderMar 27, 2011
- Autistic scientist Temple Grandin thinks like an animal—in pictures—and she's using it to get more humane treatment for cattle.
Our Animal Selves
by Linda HoganMar 09, 2011
- All around us are radiant species. What can the first peoples teach us about restoring our relationship with animals?
A Little Meditation Goes a Long Way
by Jason MarshFeb 25, 2011
- A new study offers the strongest evidence to date that meditation can change the structure of your brain.
A Better Approach to Health Care
by Margaret Flowers, MDFeb 08, 2011
- As the current health law comes under attack and our national deficit continues to grow, single-payer plans are gaining more and more interest.
Just the Facts: Should We Eat Animals?
by Alyssa B. JohnsonFeb 01, 2011
- We can feed the world and still eat meat—but only a little bit.
Farmer Joel Salatin: Why Changing the Food System is Up to You
Feb 01, 2011
- YES! interviewed foodie farmer Joel Salatin for Can Animals Save Us?, the Spring 2011 issue. Listen to audio clips here.
YES! But How? Flake Off
by Alyssa B. JohnsonDec 19, 2010
- How do I get rid of dandruff without chemicals?
YES! But How? Nit Picking
by Tiffany RanDec 19, 2010
- Is there a natural way to treat head lice?
Returning Grandpa’s Love
by Kristy LeissleDec 02, 2010
- A family economy that doesn't outsource care—at either end of life.
Hands-on Research: The Science of Touch
by Dacher KeltnerNov 26, 2010
- How everyday forms of touch can bring us emotional balance and better health.
The Road to Real Health
by John de GraafNov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
Life After Bullies
by Alexandria AbdallahNov 15, 2010
- Video: How the "It Gets Better" movement is giving fresh hope to LGBT teens.
Film Trailer: Living Downstream
Nov 15, 2010
- A documentary that follows ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, as she explores the seemingly unnatural causes of cancer.