What do you need to know and how will you learn it?
Getting Past a Knitting Freak Out: Why I Didn't Let My Daughter Quit
by Shannon Hayesposted Nov 01, 2013
- Stepping into the realm of creativity can be scary for little ones. But reward for sticking with it is the powerful feeling of making something beautiful with your own hands.
Kids Can Teach Themselves
posted Oct 21, 2013
- In this TED Talk, 2013 TED Prize Winner Sugata Mitra believes that a child-driven education is the best way for kids to learn. Mitra shares his findings from his Granny Cloud and Hole in the Wall projects.
Georgia Professors Teach Undocumented Students—for Free
by Chris Francisposted May 20, 2013
- Georgia is one of three states that exclude undocumented students from full access to higher education. "Freedom University" operates on the principle that “you can stop me from going to a UGA classroom, but you can’t stop a UGA professor from teaching me.”
What Our Kids Can Teach Us About Trying Over
by Shannon Hayesposted Mar 15, 2013
- Children’s future happiness is not tied to how well they behave or whether they will be able to hold a job. It is tied to their ability to create with their minds and their hands.
Shooting Stars and Living Spirit
by Roberto Vargasposted Feb 01, 2013
Language and Metaphors for a New Cosmology
by Tim Foxposted Feb 01, 2013
You Are Where You Live
by Susan Griffinposted Jan 30, 2013
- How the sky, rain, geography, and cultures of our place shape us.
6 Habits of Highly Empathetic People
by Roman Krznaricposted Jan 10, 2013
- According to new research, empathy is a habit we can cultivate to improve the quality of our own lives. But what is empathy? And how can you expand your own empathetic potential?
Daniel Beaty: Theater for Social Good
posted Oct 08, 2012
- “Theater should reflect reality,” says Daniel Beaty, a playwright, singer, and performer who takes on hard social issues like race and class in his one-man shows.
Notes from the Frontlines of Bringing Up Girls
by Tomas Monizposted Oct 03, 2012
- What I really want to tell my daughters about autonomy and sex, in the midst of a war on women.
What Bullies Can Teach Our Kids—And Us
by Shannon Hayesposted Sep 26, 2012
- Shannon Hayes on having a child face a bully and come away stronger and more self-aware.
How Occupy Made Me Stronger
by Grace Davieposted Sep 13, 2012
- Although she wasn’t politically active before Occupy Wall Street, Grace Davie threw herself deeply into the movement. One year later, she finds herself braver, wiser, and stronger in her personal life.
3 Essential School Supplies—That Aren’t on Your List
by Christine Carterposted Sep 12, 2012
- When kids have friends, they’re more likely to grow into happy adults. How to help your children develop the tools they need most.
Pete Seeger Visits The Colbert Report
posted Aug 08, 2012
- Stephen Colbert talks to the legendary musician about his new book, “Pete Seeger: In His Own Words.”
Quebec’s Student Revolt Goes Viral
by Mark Englerposted May 29, 2012
- Inside the biggest demonstration of civil disobedience in Canadian history.