A Lifelong Search for Real Education
by Julia PutnamOct 06, 2015
- Grace Lee and Jimmy Boggs brought people together to rebuild inner-city Detroit and to teach the things you can’t learn in a classroom. At 94, Grace is still at it.
Video: People of All Ages Tell Their Slightly Younger Selves How to Age Gracefully
by Liz PleasantSep 09, 2015
- “Nobody knows what the hell they’re doing,” and other tips from people older than you.
School Behind Bars: How College Kids and Incarcerated Youth Benefit From Learning Together
by Nur LaljiAug 12, 2015
- Graduates of an “Inside-Out” program in Oregon say that the experience transformed the way they see the prison system—and themselves.
How My Family Farm Is Like a Team of Superheros
by Shannon HayesJun 26, 2015
- As I begin to take over my parent’s farm, I’ve learned how important it is for my family to celebrate our strengths, acknowledge our weaknesses, and work together as a team.
Like to Blame Others When Bad Things Happen? Here's What You're Missing Out On
by Liz PleasantMay 29, 2015
- This best-selling author explains why blame is bad for us and our relationships.
This “Raging Granny” Crashed a Wall Street Dinner to Demand Answers
by Peter D'AuriaMar 27, 2015
- “Two Raging Grannies” is a beautifully shot film that juxtaposes a journey into activism with a profound meditation on aging.
Will the Elder Boom Spur a Caring Revolution? Ai-jen Poo’s Inspiring Vision
by Wendy LustbaderFeb 16, 2015
- We need to shift the stories we tell ourselves about the value of elders, the care they need, and later life itself.
Empathy Heroes: 5 People Who Changed the World By Taking Compassion to the Extreme
by Roman KrznaricNov 06, 2014
- Want to learn to change the world with empathy? Get ready to learn from the masters.
Video: Instead of Paying Our Kids to Do Their Homework, Let’s Teach Them Gratitude
by Kayla SchultzOct 31, 2014
- At this pay-it-forward restaurant, everyone's meal is paid for by previous guests—out of generosity. Karma Kitchen's founder on how kindness became contagious
Video: A Bear and Fox Show Why Empathy Brings Us Closer than Sympathy
Oct 03, 2014
- Empathy involves a deeper connection than sympathy does, and often means sharing a bit of emotional vulnerability.
An Astronomer Explains Why This Is the Best Moment in Cosmic History to Be Alive
by TRBQSep 12, 2014
- A deep look at the stars and their role in our creation makes a welcome break from the news of the day.
The Radical Homemaker’s Guide to the Wonder of Science
by Shannon HayesSep 10, 2014
- I have lived for 40 years, gathered 10 years of higher education, and never before this moment understood the foundation of science.
When Personal Boundaries Get Fuzzy … Sometimes It's Worth It
by Shannon HayesAug 21, 2014
- No matter what age we are, the challenge of telling others "no" never really goes away.
Pros and Cons of "Normal" Jobs from The Radical Homemaker
by Shannon HayesAug 15, 2014
- "There are times when I question whether I was a fool to walk away from a conventional career."
The Neurochemistry Of Empathy, In Claymation
by RISD FAVAug 08, 2014
- Want to understand the science behind empathy? This quick video explains why and when we care.