Freedom from cluttered lives and minds.
YES! But How? :: Homemade Gift Bags
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- Why not avoid paper gift-wrap and make your own gift bags?
People We Love :: Lorraine Kerwood
by Keeley Hardingposted Dec 15, 2009
- Rebuilding computers for the community.
Annie Leonard on Life After Stuff
by Annie Leonardposted Dec 01, 2009
- Annie Leonard reveals what gives her strength, even as she and her popular film, The Story of Stuff, are attacked as un-American.
Fight Climate Change: Live the Good Life
by Colin Beavanposted Dec 01, 2009
- Low-carbon living isn’t a sacrifice. Colin Beavan says it’s the good life.
Buy Nothing Day
by Berit Andersonposted Nov 25, 2009
- A non-holiday founded by a Vancouver office worker has become an international movement.
My Exhibit ... In the Museum of Trash
by Dave Chameidesposted Nov 20, 2009
- To better understand his waste footprint, Dave Chameides stored all of his trash in his basement for a year.
How to Make the YES! Greenest Gift Bow!
posted Dec 02, 2008
- Many of you have asked how to make the YES! bow—as seen on the back cover of the Winter issue of YES! and on our website. So, by popular demand, here are the instructions.
What Would Jesus Buy?
posted Nov 04, 2008
- What Would Jesus Buy? follows Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping Gospel Choir as they go on a cross-country mission to save Christmas from the Shopocalypse: the end of mankind from consumerism, over-consumption and the fires of eternal debt!
The Story of Stuff :: Take Action
by Annie Leonardposted Nov 03, 2008
- Many people who have seen The Story of Stuff have asked what they can do to address the problems identified in the film. There is no single simple thing to do, because the set of problems we're addressing just isn't simple. But everyone can make a difference, and the bigger your action the bigger the difference you'll make.
The Story of Stuff :: The Bigger Picture
posted Nov 03, 2008
- See our YES! articles to complement The Story of Stuff. Use these stories to consider the golden arrow of consumption, our identity as consumers, the purpose of an economy, what makes us happy, globalization, and what a just and sustainable world could look like.
The Story of Stuff :: Another Way
by Annie Leonardposted Oct 31, 2008
- See The Story of Stuff, read our review of the film, and explore our selected YES! articles that address the complex issues that relate to our materials economy and how we can choose to live differently.
Christmas with No Presents?
by Colin Beavanposted Oct 31, 2008
- "No Impact Man" suspected the holidays would be just as merry without all the stuff.
posted Oct 31, 2008
- Real people show how to live the good life and share their secrets to happiness.
Chris Jordan :: Running the Numbers
by Chris Jordanposted Apr 14, 2008
- Dazzling images make the statistics that describe the huge waste streams of our consumer culture visible. This photo essay shows recent works of Chris Jordan from his Running the Numbers and Intolerable Beauty series.
The Story of Stuff: The Bigger Picture
posted Feb 04, 2008
- Take a look at our YES! articles to support teaching with The Story of Stuff. Use these stories to get your students thinking and talking about the golden arrow of consumption, our identity as consumers, the purpose of an economy, what makes us happy, globalization, and what a just and sustainable world could look like.