Freedom from cluttered lives and minds.
Time for a Tech Sabbath?
by Erika Kosinaposted Jul 12, 2010
- Americans are finding that a day of rest is still a good idea.
Live Dangerously: 10 Easy Steps
by Shannon Hayesposted Jun 28, 2010
- When Shannon Hayes made a list of easy steps for becoming a radical homemaker, she didn't realize just how revolutionary they were.
Step Away From the Plastic Bag
by Kim Eckartposted Jun 25, 2010
- Our associate editor experiments with life after plastic bags.
Solstice in a Finnish Village
posted Jun 21, 2010
- Bonfires, birch branches, and saunas. And a chance to discover who will be your true love.
The Birthday Balloon
by Shannon Hayesposted Mar 11, 2010
- Somewhere in our consumer culture, we have confused material items with expressions of love.
Can Money Buy Education?
by Shannon Hayesposted Mar 02, 2010
- Radical homemaker Shannon Hayes taught her daughter that their family doesn't buy things they can make or grow at home. She then had to wonder: Does that include higher education?
YES! Recommends: No Impact Project
posted Jan 25, 2010
- No Impact Man, Colin Beavan, and his family have inspired a nation to swap their old consumer habits for new environmentally-friendly ones. The recently launched No Impact Curriculum brings the lessons learned from this year-long journey to your classroom.
John Francis Walks the Earth
posted Jan 08, 2010
- For over two decades, John Francis has been traveling the planet by foot and sail learning about environmental respect. For 17 of those years, he did so without speaking. Luckily for us, he's taken to spreading his message—here in a speech for TED.
YES! But How? :: Homemade Gift Bags
by Heather Purserposted Dec 15, 2009
- Why not avoid paper gift-wrap and make your own gift bags?
People We Love :: Lorraine Kerwood
by Keeley Hardingposted Dec 15, 2009
- Rebuilding computers for the community.
Annie Leonard on Life After Stuff
by Annie Leonardposted Dec 01, 2009
- Annie Leonard reveals what gives her strength, even as she and her popular film, The Story of Stuff, are attacked as un-American.
Fight Climate Change: Live the Good Life
by Colin Beavanposted Dec 01, 2009
- Low-carbon living isn’t a sacrifice. Colin Beavan says it’s the good life.
Buy Nothing Day
by Berit Andersonposted Nov 25, 2009
- A non-holiday founded by a Vancouver office worker has become an international movement.
My Exhibit ... In the Museum of Trash
by Dave Chameidesposted Nov 20, 2009
- To better understand his waste footprint, Dave Chameides stored all of his trash in his basement for a year.
How to Make the YES! Greenest Gift Bow!
posted Dec 02, 2008
- Many of you have asked how to make the YES! bow—as seen on the back cover of the Winter issue of YES! and on our website. So, by popular demand, here are the instructions.