Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
Church in Our Times: Spirit and Security in the Face of Crisis
by Andrée Zaleskaposted Mar 15, 2010
- Churches are rediscovering their role as community centers, helping to relocalize and revitalize struggling communities.
Ending the Trance, Answering the Call
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Mar 09, 2010
- Passover invites us to shake off the old stories of limitation, and create new ones of possibility and service.
Head, Heart, and Hands: Breaking the Cycle of Religious Fear
by Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Feb 18, 2010
- By learning the foundations of each other's faiths, we can learn to respect and connect with one another so we may work together to build a better world.
Called Back to the Essentials
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Feb 10, 2010
- The Abrahamic faiths began when prophets called people back to the essentials: compassionate, caring community and the universal principles of love and service.
A Call to Bring the World Together…
posted Feb 08, 2010
- Video: Since its November 2009 launch, over 36,000 people have affirmed the Charter for Compassion, a project that sprouted from author Karen Armstrong's TED speech. Based on the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," the charter is a result of public input from 150,000 religious and secular people worldwide.
Interfaith Doesn't Mean Interchangeable
by Ted Falconposted Feb 03, 2010
- Our task is not to exclude others nor to deny our differences, but to find the core teachings that unite us.
An Invitation to Sacred Intention
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Jan 26, 2010
- Three friends from different faiths offer guidance for forming intentions that focus not on what we do or don't have, but on who we are.
We Are All Connected
posted Jan 25, 2010
- Electronic musician John Boswell's project "The Symphony of Science" sets scientific knowledge to music, exploring our relationship with one another and with the universe.
Birds on Wires Making Music
posted Dec 23, 2009
- Listen to Jarbas Agnelli’s beautiful melody inspired by a photo of birds sitting on electrical wires, using the exact location of the birds to determine the melody's notes.
God Begins to Smile
posted Dec 15, 2009
- Video: Archbishop Desmond Tutu, calling for a legally binding agreement on climate change, says the movement for climate justice in Copenhagen would cheer God up.
Charter for Compassion
posted Nov 06, 2009
- Video: Ecumenical author Karen Armstrong wished for a Charter for Compassion, a yardstick for global empathy crafted from the input of tens of thousands of religious and secular people all over the world.
New Crop of Farmers :: Andy Asmus & Emily Dietzman
by Anna Stern, Kim Nochiposted Feb 13, 2009
- As a farmer my complete being is engaged and challenged physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Saying Grace Around the World
by Nikki McClure, Anna Sternposted Feb 13, 2009
- Artist Nikki McClure adds her touch to our collection of mealtime prayers from around the world.
Walking Through Fear :: Interview
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Nov 05, 2008
- Frances Moore Lappé’s book Diet for a Small Planet had sold 3 million copies. She co-founded organizations to fight hunger and bolster democracy. Along with her daughter, Anna, she traveled the world to gather stories for Hope’s Edge. Yet, like many of us, she experienced a time when her world crumbled…
Dalai Lama Renaissance
posted Nov 04, 2008
- At the edge of the Millennium, the Dalai Lama invited 40 of the West's leading, most innovative thinkers in their respective fields to discuss the world's problems and how we can solve them. Fran Korten was one of them.