Occupy Wall Street’s Moral Ground
by Kathleen MooreNov 01, 2011
- Much of the Occupy movement’s power comes from a simple moral message: It’s wrong to wreck the world. It’s wrong to wreck the health and hopes of others.
YES! Recommends: The Legacy Project
by Jing FongOct 25, 2011
- At a time of economic uncertainty—when your students are wondering about their future—the Legacy Project might serve as a compass to help them create their lives, connect to others, and change their world.
When Words Fail: Does a Warming World Need a New Vocabulary?
by Madeline OstranderSep 19, 2011
- We often don’t have the words to express our strong emotions about environmental destruction or a changing climate. Meet the man who’s trying to fix that.
Father John Blogs on No Impact Week
by Fr. John RauschSep 19, 2011
- Appalachian priest John Rausch has to drive 22,000 miles a year as part of his ministry. But he wants to strike a balance between the needs of the earth and those of his community.
After 9/11: An Interfaith Answer to Extremism
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Imam Jamal RahmanSep 09, 2011
- Brought together by 9/11, three friends of different faiths look for answers about when and why religion leads to violence.
What We Could Lose Unless We Change: Remembering Ray Anderson
by Paul HawkenAug 12, 2011
- "Reimagining the world was a responsibility for Ray, a gift to a future that is begging for selflessness and vision." Paul Hawken honors the life of a green business pioneer.
Keeping Faith With Peace
by Valerie SchloredtAug 05, 2011
- On the anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Jesuit Priest Bill Bichsel talks about why he went to prison for a future without nuclear weapons.
A Meditation on Revolution
by Bert SacksJul 29, 2011
- From Tel Aviv to Baghdad, a lifelong peace activist remembers why true transformation comes from the power of nonviolence.
“God is What Happens When Humanity is Connected”
Jul 19, 2011
- Jim Gilliam: Why the Internet is my religion.
Building a Resilient Congregation
by Sarah ByrnesJun 24, 2011
- Religious congregations are embracing a new role: economic support groups.
Spiritual Environmentalism: Healing Ourselves by Replenishing the Earth
by Wangari MaathaiJun 03, 2011
- Wangari Maathai: What role does spirituality play in our work to heal the earth?
I’m Looking for Justice, Not Vengeance
by Brooke JarvisMay 03, 2011
- A 9/11 widow on working for peace when the world expects you to want revenge.
Violence Disguised as Religion
by Pastor Don MackenzieMay 03, 2011
- Pastor Don Mackenzie on how to keep religion from being used to justify hatred and suffering.
Answering Your Interfaith Questions
by Rabbi Ted FalconApr 07, 2011
- If compassion is taught as the heart of all religious traditions, why is it that religion seems to divide us?
Greed is Not a Virtue
by David KortenApr 05, 2011
- Wall Street's celebration and promotion of moral perversion as a virtue must be exposed and condemned.