Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van GelderSep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van GelderSep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
How to Be Alone
Sep 03, 2010
- Video: What can we learn about ourselves when we let go of our fear of loneliness?
The Little Mosque in Medina
by Jamal RahmanSep 03, 2010
- The current flap over the proposed Islamic center-cum-mosque in New York City offers a good opportunity to reflect on the nature and purpose of places of worship.
A Giant Leap for Humankind
by Pastor Don MackenzieAug 13, 2010
- The inner work we need requires every bit of the cooperation, imagination, discipline, and hope present in that first step onto the moon.
More Than A Mantra: “We’re All in This Together”
by Margaret WheatleyJul 27, 2010
- Even in this fractured time, we can find strength in solidarity.
Listening Across the Divide
by Rabbi Ted FalconJul 26, 2010
- How do we work with others who believe that theirs is the Only Way?
The Wisdom of the Mulla
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanJul 16, 2010
- The well-loved trickster from Islamic folklore reminds us to trust, laugh, and be honest with ourselves.
by Pastor Don MackenzieJul 08, 2010
- America may be free from a monarch, but can we be truly independent in a consumerist society?
Back to Shore
by Pastor Don MackenzieJun 25, 2010
- A drift from substance is a recurring pattern in religious life. What will it take to call ourselves back to the essentials?
Life After Worry
by Akaya WindwoodJun 15, 2010
- Imagine what could happen if instead of focusing on worst-case scenarios and fears, we put our attention on what we deeply desire and are working toward?
The Roots of Compassion
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanJun 08, 2010
- To be compassionate toward others, we first have to learn to be merciful with ourselves.
A World of Oneness
by Pastor Don MackenzieMay 27, 2010
- How relinquishing our innate pursuit of power and embracing compassion can lead to a more peaceful world.
By Any Means Necessary
by Adrienne Maree BrownMay 20, 2010
- Reflecting on Malcolm X's birthday: What if what's necessary is awe-inspiring, unconditional, militant love?
Compassion Comes First
by Rabbi Ted FalconMay 06, 2010
- Seattle makes a 10-year commitment to become a more compassionate city.