A Giant Leap for Humankind
by Pastor Don MackenzieAug 13, 2010
- The inner work we need requires every bit of the cooperation, imagination, discipline, and hope present in that first step onto the moon.
More Than A Mantra: “We’re All in This Together”
by Margaret WheatleyJul 27, 2010
- Even in this fractured time, we can find strength in solidarity.
Listening Across the Divide
by Rabbi Ted FalconJul 26, 2010
- How do we work with others who believe that theirs is the Only Way?
The Wisdom of the Mulla
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanJul 16, 2010
- The well-loved trickster from Islamic folklore reminds us to trust, laugh, and be honest with ourselves.
by Pastor Don MackenzieJul 08, 2010
- America may be free from a monarch, but can we be truly independent in a consumerist society?
Back to Shore
by Pastor Don MackenzieJun 25, 2010
- A drift from substance is a recurring pattern in religious life. What will it take to call ourselves back to the essentials?
Life After Worry
by Akaya WindwoodJun 15, 2010
- Imagine what could happen if instead of focusing on worst-case scenarios and fears, we put our attention on what we deeply desire and are working toward?
The Roots of Compassion
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanJun 08, 2010
- To be compassionate toward others, we first have to learn to be merciful with ourselves.
A World of Oneness
by Pastor Don MackenzieMay 27, 2010
- How relinquishing our innate pursuit of power and embracing compassion can lead to a more peaceful world.
By Any Means Necessary
by Adrienne Maree BrownMay 20, 2010
- Reflecting on Malcolm X's birthday: What if what's necessary is awe-inspiring, unconditional, militant love?
Compassion Comes First
by Rabbi Ted FalconMay 06, 2010
- Seattle makes a 10-year commitment to become a more compassionate city.
Beyond Us and Them
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanApr 30, 2010
- Very often, what we dislike in others is something that we need to acknowledge, heal, integrate, and empower in ourselves.
Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Pastor Don MackenzieApr 19, 2010
- Learn more about the book in which we tell the story of how our interfaith work came about.
Social Action: The Church’s Ministry in the World
by Pastor Don MackenzieApr 16, 2010
- Somewhere in our history, the link between inner spirituality and its expression in the world as loving social action grew faint. To renew that connection, we can draw deeply on traditions that call attention to our Oneness.
Bearing Witness: Chris Jordan on Art, Grief, and Transformation
by Brooke JarvisApr 14, 2010
- Photographer Chris Jordan's latest project left him feeling grief and hopelessness. Now he wants more people to discover how productive those emotions can be.