Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
Make a Living-With Dignity
by Michael Ramosposted Nov 08, 2005
- The religious community, labor unions, and community groups have come together to sponsor 122 living wage ordinances in towns large and small throughout the United States.
A Stranger at the Door
by Anna Maria Pinedaposted Nov 08, 2005
- Although Las Posadas is a beautiful ritual, the reality it addresses is a painful one: the reality of human need and exclusion.
What Can Congregations Do?
by Richard Langposted Nov 07, 2005
- Three steps for congregations towards creating new economic practices of sharing
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard Langposted Oct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal Rahmanposted Oct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
the gifts from the four directions
by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieffposted May 20, 2004
- the gifts from the four directions by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieff. The elders tell us that when the people of the four sacred colors come together at last, we will see the beginnings of a new world.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
A Force More Powerful Than Violence: An Interview with Bob Edgar
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Carolyn McConnell interviews Bob Edgar general secretary of the National Council of Churches (NCC).
Put Some Heart Into It: Spirit in Action
by Linda Stoutposted Dec 31, 2002
- Spirit in Action: Create a collective vision; Take time for community, and bring spirit into our work for change.
In the Native Way
by Tom Goldtoothposted Nov 05, 2001
- For a sundancer and bundle-keeper in the Dakota tradition, the world and the spirit are identical.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney Hardingposted Oct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
by Michael Jonasposted Sep 30, 2000
- In 1990 Boston had 152 killings; in 1999, the number had fallen to 30, not one of them a juvenile. Boston's nationally acclaimed approach to stemming gang violence and youth crime is examined.
by Jean Houstonposted Mar 31, 2000
- Jean Houston, sees the internet as a place where a new species intelligence is being born.
Moments of Grace
by Thomas Berryposted Mar 31, 2000
- new stories, moments of grace, by thomas berry