Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
Radical Religion, an American Tradition
by Rev. Wendy Bellposted Jul 02, 2012
- Book Review: “Prophetic Encounters” reminds us that we are part of a long and rich tradition that is more than simply a series of isolated movements for social change.
The Case for a Morality of Radical Caution
by Robert Jensenposted May 17, 2012
- Robert Jensen works through his underlying rationale for making moral judgments, such as about meat-eating and abortion.
Rising Sea Levels: The View from a Canoe
by Sena Christianposted May 03, 2012
- Decades ago, the legendary journey of the open-ocean canoe Hokule‘a revealed secrets of Hawai‘i’s past and sparked pride in native culture. Now, a voyage around the world offers a new generation lessons about Earth’s uncertain future.
Rabbi Steven Greenberg: Advocate for Acceptance
by Shannan Stollposted May 01, 2012
- Bringing personal warmth and serious scholarship to advocacy for marriage equality in Orthodox Judaism.
Practical Compassion: An Interview with Karen Armstrong
by Heidi Bruceposted Apr 12, 2012
- The historian has helped world religions unite behind a single principle. But can a worldwide charter for compassion become more than just a nice idea?
What’s the Most Astounding Fact About the Universe?
posted Mar 21, 2012
- Ask an astrophysicist.
Thousands Give Up Carbon for Lent
by Catherine Woodiwissposted Mar 07, 2012
- In the season of reflection, Christians around the world are focusing on being better stewards of creation.
Pancho Ramos Stierle: Nonviolence Is Radical
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 23, 2012
- An interview with the activist who made headlines when he was arrested while meditating at Occupy Oakland.
Towards a Prophetic Politics
by Robert Jensenposted Feb 16, 2012
- We’ve all seen what happens when religion and politics mix poorly—but does that mean there’s no place for spirit in our political lives?
Bill McKibben: “The Biggest Fight of Our Time”
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 14, 2012
- In which one of the world’s best-known climate activists gets personal about the enormous task of saving our planet.
The Benefits of Gratitude
by Ocean Robbinsposted Feb 06, 2012
- There’s an old saying that if you’ve forgotten the language of gratitude, you’ll never be on speaking terms with happiness. It turns out this isn’t just a fluffy idea.
Eboo Patel: Crossing the Divide— With Faith
by Kate Malongowskiposted Jan 02, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Arming the world’s youth to be a force for compassion.
Love Leads Into Mystery: Raising a Child With Asperger’s
by Caryn Mirriam-Goldbergposted Dec 30, 2011
- My son was not like other kids. But he taught me to drop my expectations about what life and parenting are all about.
War and Peacemaking in Liberia
by Seth Bidermanposted Dec 30, 2011
- Former soldier Christian Bethelson’s only job skill was killing—until a chance meeting on a muddy road transformed his life, and many others through it.
Reclaiming Christmas, Radical Homemaker Style
by Shannon Hayesposted Dec 21, 2011
- Shannon Hayes: Can you take on consumerism without being a Scrooge?