Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
Towards a Prophetic Politics
by Robert Jensenposted Feb 16, 2012
- We’ve all seen what happens when religion and politics mix poorly—but does that mean there’s no place for spirit in our political lives?
Bill McKibben: “The Biggest Fight of Our Time”
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 14, 2012
- In which one of the world’s best-known climate activists gets personal about the enormous task of saving our planet.
The Benefits of Gratitude
by Ocean Robbinsposted Feb 06, 2012
- There’s an old saying that if you’ve forgotten the language of gratitude, you’ll never be on speaking terms with happiness. It turns out this isn’t just a fluffy idea.
Eboo Patel: Crossing the Divide— With Faith
by Kate Malongowskiposted Jan 02, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Arming the world’s youth to be a force for compassion.
Love Leads Into Mystery: Raising a Child With Asperger’s
by Caryn Mirriam-Goldbergposted Dec 30, 2011
- My son was not like other kids. But he taught me to drop my expectations about what life and parenting are all about.
War and Peacemaking in Liberia
by Seth Bidermanposted Dec 30, 2011
- Former soldier Christian Bethelson’s only job skill was killing—until a chance meeting on a muddy road transformed his life, and many others through it.
Reclaiming Christmas, Radical Homemaker Style
by Shannon Hayesposted Dec 21, 2011
- Shannon Hayes: Can you take on consumerism without being a Scrooge?
Lily Yeh: Beauty in Broken Places
by Natalie Pompilioposted Dec 20, 2011
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Healing war-torn, broken, and economically devastated communities through art.
Re-Occupy: A Movement Seeks a Sanctuary
by Nathan Schneiderposted Dec 19, 2011
- On occupying Trinity Church—and the Occupy movement's relationship with established institutions.
A Lesson in Love From the Protest at the Port
by Reverend John Helmiereposted Dec 14, 2011
- A minister and occupier, beaten and arrested by police, on his continuing belief in the power of love.
Why We’re Not Afraid
by Velcrow Ripperposted Nov 15, 2011
- Video: “Our communities need us—we are all leaders.” A message for the powers that were.
An Interfaith Occupation
by Adam DeRoseposted Nov 11, 2011
- The Occupy movement is bringing deep moral questions that many religions confront to the forefront of national conversation. How faith groups are joining in.
Occupy Wall Street’s Moral Ground
by Kathleen Mooreposted Nov 01, 2011
- Much of the Occupy movement’s power comes from a simple moral message: It’s wrong to wreck the world. It’s wrong to wreck the health and hopes of others.
YES! Recommends: The Legacy Project
posted Oct 25, 2011
- At a time of economic uncertainty—when your students are wondering about their future—the Legacy Project might serve as a compass to help them create their lives, connect to others, and change their world.
When Words Fail: Does a Warming World Need a New Vocabulary?
by Madeline Ostranderposted Sep 19, 2011
- We often don’t have the words to express our strong emotions about environmental destruction or a changing climate. Meet the man who’s trying to fix that.