Filling our lives with motivation and meaning.
The Last Last Sunday
by Robert Jensenposted Jul 29, 2008
- Last Sunday was an attempt to combine interests in progressive politics, spirituality, and arts, and culture by creating a space for people to come together that wouldn't feel like a traditional political meeting, church, or concert.
by Velcrow Ripperposted Jul 18, 2008
- In a world teetering on the edge of self-destruction, award-winning filmmaker Velcrow Ripper sets out on a unique pilgrimage. Visiting the 'Ground Zeroes' of the planet, he asks if it's possible to find hope in the darkest moments of human history.
Commentary :: Don’t Be Nice—Be Kind
by Akaya Windwoodposted May 22, 2008
- Niceness is often filled with falseness—it is a way to not tell the truth, or to obscure it. “Be nice!” is something many of us heard as children as a way of avoiding upsetting someone… it’s not effective in the long run as a way to come together to solve the myriad difficulties facing our communities, both local and global.
The Greatest Danger
by Joanna Macyposted Feb 01, 2008
- In the face of global warming it is hard to escape a sense of outrage, fear, despair. Author, deep-ecologist, and Buddhist scholar Joanna Macy says that speaking the truth of our anguish for the world brings down the walls between us, drawing us into deep solidarity.
Abraham to Descendants: “Knock it Off”
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 06, 2006
- The Interfaith Amigos: A rabbi, a minister, and an imam, brought together by 9/11 and what followed, discover new spiritual depths from their dialogue and friendship.
Fighting the Cancer, Healing the Soul
by Pamela O'Malley Changposted Aug 29, 2006
- The Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic provides all-around care including alternative treatments for low-income women diagnosed with cancer.
Imperial Politics, Christianity and the True Jesus: Reflections on the 2004 Election
by David C. Kortenposted Dec 13, 2005
- The challenge before us is to displace the politics of Empire with the politics of Earth Community based on inclusion, possibility, and partnership — an authentic values-based, problem-solving politics of mature adulthood consistent with the moral teachings of Jesus.
Make a Living-With Dignity
by Michael Ramosposted Nov 08, 2005
- The religious community, labor unions, and community groups have come together to sponsor 122 living wage ordinances in towns large and small throughout the United States.
A Stranger at the Door
by Anna Maria Pinedaposted Nov 08, 2005
- Although Las Posadas is a beautiful ritual, the reality it addresses is a painful one: the reality of human need and exclusion.
What Can Congregations Do?
by Richard Langposted Nov 07, 2005
- Three steps for congregations towards creating new economic practices of sharing
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard Langposted Oct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal Rahmanposted Oct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
the gifts from the four directions
by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieffposted May 20, 2004
- the gifts from the four directions by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieff. The elders tell us that when the people of the four sacred colors come together at last, we will see the beginnings of a new world.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.