Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Bernice Johnson Reagon, Veteran of
by Bernice Johnson Reagonposted Oct 27, 2000
- Freedon's Sacred Dance by Rosemarie Freeney Harding and Vincent Harding, veterans of hope, Bernice Johnson Reagon. The founder of the well-known acappella group, "Sweet Honey in the Rock," tells of finding her voice, in this Veterans of Hope interview.
A Culture Gets Creative
by Sarah van Gelder, Paul Rayposted Oct 27, 2000
- Cultural Creatives, by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson, interview by Sarah van Gelder. Market research and opinion polling by Paul Ray and Sherry Anderson uncover what they call the Cultural Creatives, people committed to a common set of earth-centered values.
Love With Claws And Jaws
by Carolyn Raffensbergerposted Oct 27, 2000
- love with claws and jaws by Carolyn Raffensperger. Exploration of the many meanings of power and the power of love.
Idiocy And Sustainability
by Thomas Prughposted Oct 27, 2000
- idiocy and sustainability, by Thomas Prugh. We have delegated our powers to elected officials and bureaucrats and traded freedeom from tyranny for freedom from responsibility.
by Charles John Paceposted Oct 27, 2000
- yes, by Charles John Pace. Poetry
One Meal, One Vote
by Donella Meadowsposted Oct 27, 2000
- One meal, one vote, by Donella Meadows. Consumers have the power to end factory farming and the dangers it poses to humans and animals.
James Lawson, Veteran of hope
by James Lawsonposted Oct 27, 2000
- YES! A Journal of Positive Futures, YES! magazine, Freedon's Sacred Dance by Rosemarie Freeney Harding and Vincent Harding, James Lawson, veteran of hope
by Fran Kortenposted Oct 27, 2000
- Fran Korten's column on Discussion Guides, Education Program, available internships
India's Silent But Singing Revolution
by Pramila Jayapulposted Oct 27, 2000
- India's silent but singing revolution, by Pramila Jayapul. Swadyaya social movement in India is based on belief that God resides within, all people and nature are connected, and a person's responsibility is only to do one's duty to the best of one's capability for God and without attachment to the fruits of the labor.
A 21st Century Agenda
posted Oct 27, 2000
- YES! A Journal of Positive Futures, a new culture emerges: winter 2001, indicators
by Richard Heinbergposted Oct 27, 2000
- Innovation, insight, and knowledge from the 20th century could inspire social transformation in the 21st.
Freedom's Sacred Dance
by Vincent Harding, Rosemarie Freeney Hardingposted Oct 27, 2000
- The Veterans of Hope Project brings together veterans of the civil rights movement with young activist to explore links between religion and social transformation.
Garden of Simplicity
by Duane Elginposted Oct 27, 2000
- garden of simplicity, by Duane Elgin. Simplicity is the new mantra for the overworked, over-stressed, and over-cluttered, and for those who want to lighten their impact on the Earth. The author of the classic book on voluntary simplicity says the ways to simplicity are many.
Discussion Guide: A New Culture Emerges
posted Oct 27, 2000
- YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
The Total Thrust Is Global Justice
by Drew Dellingerposted Oct 27, 2000
- the total thrust is global justice, by Drew Dellinger. Rap against globalization and injustice.