The Good Life
Finding fulfillment in the things that matter.
Urban Playground Movement
posted Oct 31, 2008
- The Urban Playground movement is bringing do-it-yourself fun to the heart of big cities. Kevin Bracken, who organizes events in Toronto, says the idea is to create spaces for participatory amusement.
10 Things Science Says Will Make You Happy
by Jen Angelposted Oct 31, 2008
- Scientists can tell us how to be happy. Really. Here are 10 ways, with the research to prove it.
Be Happy Anyway
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug Pibelposted Oct 31, 2008
- If money equals happiness, a financial crisis means we’re all gloomy, right? Or could the crisis actually work for us?
Book Review: Every Day is a Good Day by Wilma Mankiller
by Lilja Ottoposted Apr 18, 2006
- Provides insights into the lives and ideas of indigenous women and invites readers to re-examine their own cultural and spiritual backgrounds.
The Good Life: Consumerism is so '90s
by Holly Dresselposted Feb 19, 2006
- In growing numbers, Americans are rediscovering that the real meaning of the good life doesn't come from things they can buy but from things they can feel.
Out of Time
by Jonathan Roweposted Nov 08, 2005
- The desperate quest to cram more into time has caused it to diminish. Could the cure for time scarcity be a vision of the Eternal?
An Offer of Unconditional Love
by Jamal Rahmanposted Oct 31, 2005
- My grandfather, a Sufi Muslim teacher and healer in northern Bengal, often reminded his students: “If I cannot be compassionate with myself, I cannot truly be compassionate with others,” he said.
Book Review: Carfree Cities by J.H. Crawford
by Guy Daunceyposted Sep 12, 2005
- Guy Dauncey reviews a book that praises the details in life that become noticable when people walk through their communities instead of driving.
by Christopher Gutsche, Kathleen Smithposted May 24, 2005
- Campus housing goes green at Berea College.
The Lost Art of Dropping By
by Patrisia Gonzalesposted Feb 01, 2005
- The Lost Art of Dropping By by Patrisia Gonzales - creating neighborliness.