A Little Meditation Goes a Long Way
by Jason MarshFeb 25, 2011
- A new study offers the strongest evidence to date that meditation can change the structure of your brain.
Finding Love: Is it Different for Radical Homemakers?
by Shannon HayesFeb 11, 2011
- Shannon Hayes reflects on Valentine's Day.
by Jonathan ReedFeb 04, 2011
- Jonathan Reed’s poem about what life would be like when you turn 50 seems depressing at first—but when you read the poem in reverse, life seems a lot brighter.
Beyond GDP: UK to Measure Well-Being
by Laura StollJan 27, 2011
- The UK is trying out a new way to see if government policies are improving people’s lives: ask.
Why the Kings of Bhutan Ride Bicycles
by Madhu Suri PrakashJan 14, 2011
- Bhutanese Prime Minister Jigmi Y. Thinley on Gross National Happiness, his country's traditions, and the importance of democracy.
Fixing the Future
Jan 14, 2011
- Video: David Brancaccio's full documentary as he travels the country to visit communities that are changing their economy in unique ways.
Out of Chaos
by Sarah van GelderJan 03, 2011
- 15 years ago, YES! co-founder Sarah van Gelder wrote this piece for the launch issue of YES! How well does it stand up in a world that is, if anything, more chaotic?
How To Keep Love Going Strong
by John M. and Julie GottmanJan 03, 2011
- 7 principles on the road to happily ever after.
Happy Holidays? 6 Ways to Get There
by James BarazDec 23, 2010
- Research-tested strategies for feeling the joy of the holiday season.
The Good Life? It’s Close to Home
by John McKnight and Peter BlockDec 22, 2010
- Rebuilding families and neighborhoods around the gifts each of us offers.
Freer, Messier, Happier
by Jeremy Adam SmithDec 02, 2010
- These days, moms, dads, kids, grandmas—even neighbors—are sharing the work of family.
Did I Ever Tell You the Story?
by Tomas MonizDec 02, 2010
- As our families grow older, it's the stories we share that bind us together.
Hands-on Research: The Science of Touch
by Dacher KeltnerNov 26, 2010
- How everyday forms of touch can bring us emotional balance and better health.
The Road to Real Health
by John de GraafNov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
You Are Who You Eat With
by Katherine GustafsonNov 21, 2010
- Why hectic times call for a return to the family meal.