The Good Life
Finding fulfillment in the things that matter.
A Little Meditation Goes a Long Way
by Jason Marshposted Feb 25, 2011
- A new study offers the strongest evidence to date that meditation can change the structure of your brain.
Finding Love: Is it Different for Radical Homemakers?
by Shannon Hayesposted Feb 11, 2011
- Shannon Hayes reflects on Valentine's Day.
by Jonathan Reedposted Feb 04, 2011
- Jonathan Reed’s poem about what life would be like when you turn 50 seems depressing at first—but when you read the poem in reverse, life seems a lot brighter.
Beyond GDP: UK to Measure Well-Being
by Laura Stollposted Jan 27, 2011
- The UK is trying out a new way to see if government policies are improving people’s lives: ask.
Why the Kings of Bhutan Ride Bicycles
by Madhu Suri Prakashposted Jan 14, 2011
- Bhutanese Prime Minister Jigmi Y. Thinley on Gross National Happiness, his country's traditions, and the importance of democracy.
Fixing the Future
posted Jan 14, 2011
- Video: David Brancaccio's full documentary as he travels the country to visit communities that are changing their economy in unique ways.
Out of Chaos
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jan 03, 2011
- 15 years ago, YES! co-founder Sarah van Gelder wrote this piece for the launch issue of YES! How well does it stand up in a world that is, if anything, more chaotic?
How To Keep Love Going Strong
by John M. and Julie Gottmanposted Jan 03, 2011
- Poster: 7 principles on the road to happily ever after.
Happy Holidays? 6 Ways to Get There
by James Barazposted Dec 23, 2010
- Research-tested strategies for feeling the joy of the holiday season.
The Good Life? It’s Close to Home
by John McKnight and Peter Blockposted Dec 22, 2010
- Rebuilding families and neighborhoods around the gifts each of us offers.
Freer, Messier, Happier
by Jeremy Adam Smithposted Dec 02, 2010
- These days, moms, dads, kids, grandmas—even neighbors—are sharing the work of family.
Did I Ever Tell You the Story?
by Tomas Monizposted Dec 02, 2010
- As our families grow older, it's the stories we share that bind us together.
Hands-on Research: The Science of Touch
by Dacher Keltnerposted Nov 26, 2010
- How everyday forms of touch can bring us emotional balance and better health.
The Road to Real Health
by John de Graafposted Nov 22, 2010
- Health care's just part of the picture. Five policies that would be good for our health, happiness, and wallets.
You Are Who You Eat With
by Katherine Gustafsonposted Nov 21, 2010
- Why hectic times call for a return to the family meal.